Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okee dokee.. here goes... I own a '54 pop.. running a 2ltr pinto with viva front and cortina rear.. 32/38dgas carbs.. high lift cam. etc etc... its my first ever rod and have owned it now for just over a year.. bought it with all the hard work done.. ive just added the finishing touches to it.. like the wheels, roof lining, sounds, exhaust, new cooling system, purple flames, rear arches, new indicators, and am just about to add another battery as the one on there does struggle a bit to turn her over(due to high compression). but once fired up she goes like something thats really quick!!!... she's satin black and was fully re-built approx 5 yrs ago including the engine.... I love taking her out and the atention we get is amazing.... I am trying to learn about rods and all the tech stuff but i also love to have a bit of fun too as some who know me already know..lol... I'd just like to say thanx for the welcome.. i am a member on the N.S.R.A. and enjoy that forum very much.. I just hope that i can make as many new friends on here as i have on there...... In my opinion its all about having fun and meeting people with the same interests as myself...RODS........ i dont know much about all the tech stuff but know a lot about music and singing etc as i sing/ entertain/ do disco's karaokes.etc as well as my daily job..... I AM A DUSTMAN... so thats about it really...

this is what she looked like when i got her..

and this is what she looked like about 2 months ago.. since these were taken new flames have been added i'll post more pics as soon as ive taken some..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see you have the same problem as i do... i always park a foot from the kerb as well, just cant seem to judge it right in the Pop :D

Look forward to seeing the new flames.
so its not just me then???? i can never judge it right... i think i just dont want to get too near in case i scuff the rims....:incheek:

the new flames are the purple ones in the last pic
however... am getting them done properly and am
hoping to get the new flames done in a month or so.:tup:

BIGTED X

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get the steelies back on mate
to be honest with you the steelies were hillman minx rims and as you can see from the pic they sat very close to the arch.. and unfortunately when me and the family got in it they rubbed quite badly.. the smoke looked impressive but didnt do the tyres much good..lol..

i did try the steelies with the oversized arches but just didnt look right..looked like i had a couple of those space saver spares on the back :pmsl:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi Ted,glad to see that bella is going strong,was a big learning curve rebuilding her but fun too,i remember standing on the wifes dining chairs in the garden with my old friend nick trying to stick that roof on,re doing the anglia at the moment,little at a time,has new corbeaus and now taking the dash apart,soooo many wires lol,i have a few more pics of bella if you want them on the rebuild,[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts