Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after many a year, the project is off and rolling, well, not really rolling yet, but I have high hopes it will one day, I think about 2 yrs time :-(

The first mock up of the rear end to help work out the axle size

One Jag Rear End, now stripped and cleaned, awaiting lots of new bits and shortening

Roof infill, ready to be cut once the roof is chopped

The DIY Spit works!

The Boss making sure I'm working

Bits of the body are starting to look ok after its stripping and acid clean

Paint stripper...What a horrid job

Poor old girls seen better days

Pop looked alright before I started

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Looks a lot better than most mate .
That's a good starting point , what other plans you got ?
Cheers Dazza

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello Dazza,
Generally have a plan, big engine, big wheels, little body, smart inside and all put together lovingly :)

Have V6 cosie waiting, once the shell has been repaired and chopped I'l lift it off and start the chassis, beefing up and improvements, have most of the plans sorted, just finishing the drawnings and calcs before getting the cutter out. A custom front end I think as viva bits are as rare as unicorn poo and a custom coilover system should hoepfully work better.

Time will tell,

Cheers Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
How refreshing to see another pop resqued from the classic farm.
Keep the mojo going Geoff and before ya no it its done
PS How far were you thinking of going down with the roof

Jeff

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love a chopped Pop. How much you taking out?
To be honest, I've not worked out how much to take out of the roof yet, my gut feel is 2"-3", so I'll review the pics I can find of pop's already chopped and have a measure up of what looks good.

Rear suspension pretty much worked out on paper, next front end, then roof, once the paper chase is done, back to the real work of getting it done, just as well the train journey to work and back gives me the time to do the drawings and work it out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the Chop Pics and thoughts, tomorrow is welding up the rear arch faces that are totally shot and rear valance if it get to it :) , thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few more bits started

The boot was rotten, so cut the bottom off and made a new inner, just the skin to do.

Made one of the 'A' post and the two 'B' post bottoms, one's fitted, started to fit the rear valance (gosh, a plasma cutter makes cutting the old off so easy :)
Plus the sills have arrived, decided to buy the valance and sills to save time. Just need to turn the sills in to running boards now.

Arch repair started

Not a huge amount done, but little by little...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
3 days cutting, fitting, filling, grinding and its still not finished, but its a big improvement. Interesting the pictures make the grind marks look horrid, in the flesh it looks much better.

From this

To this, still working in progress, but a bit better, once the welding and grinding is finished it will get a coat lead to fill the worst.

The old filler hole looks terrible in this picture now its filled, but its good in the flesh, must be the flash or something, I was pleased with it till I saw the pics
And the bottom 2" of the rubber lips all repaired as well, although they don't show in the pics.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Xmas arrived late.. made a new bench on casters so I can start preparing the new "Nobody" crafted front end and the Jag rear end for epoxy primer before the rust gets hold

·
Registered
83 Posts
Loving these builds at the moment, it may seem like people aren’t taking notice, but they do help people like me with a big build on the go

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Pops a garage life boat today... river has burst its banks, fingers crossed it does not come up more, one way of getting the floor cleared and washed :)

Looking down the lane at the end thats flooded

My Life boat waiting...

1 - 20 of 253 Posts