Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I see.i usually do an access panel somewhere.

Also you could of got away with one, and saved on pipework in the brake system.mastercylinder to first caliper.out of that caliper into the other one.

Then you only need one bleed nipple and a single brake line for both calipers.

What's the issues at the rear with the chassis

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
You'll need to vacuum bleed those rear pipe extensions. Otherwis eth efluid will find it's own level , like a water plumb line and constantly leave an air lock up there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #203 (Edited)
Yes I did contemplate using only one bleed valve and as you say I'll probably put access panels under the rear seat to make pad changes and servicing a bit easier. At the end of the day its designed with 4 large bolts and the whole rear subframe can be dropped.

As for the chassis, I made it longer than the standard knowing I wanted tank space, and then the rear corners hit the body work when lifting it on and off, so I cut the corners off, then when the LPG tank arrive it was 10mm larger than the spec and it would not fit in between the chassis rails. In between this I had re-fitted the boot lid and I noticed the bottom of the boot lid was very close to the back chassis rail inside, hence the latest attempt has nice angled corners to clear the body will its 10mm further back and 20mm lower so it does not hit the boot lid. Just trying to cram a quart into a pint pot..

Updated Rear chassis design

Rework Almost finished

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
no offence geof but I think youre over complicating it with the drawings.if I did drawing like that for anything I built here,jobs would take forever.

I find easiest way for say the tank.put it between the rails where it needs to sit and just make a bracket to suit.otherwise I think you will spend more time drawing and working things out,instead of just mounting parts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #210 (Edited)
We after many months of make bit and bob's I've started to weld them in, here's the lower rear parcel shelf that will have the seat belt mounts fitted.

Next is the seat bottom, the back and additional stiffeners.

Shows the bracking back underside , bit messy but I'll strighten it at some point

Tanks on its straps and seat beam bolted to chassis, welding to body next

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Bit of a mile stone, engine out of the donor after too many years

Not in the car yet, but a lot closer

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well the engine is getting closer to its final home. Only problem is no room for the alternator, so it's going to have to face the wrong way. Allegedly you can run them either way. I looked at the smallest I could find but no hope. Would need to be 90mm diameter. I'd have room if I made it mid-engine :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #219 (Edited)
Good point, re prop shaft idea, the fans inside the front case in this alternator, will need to take it to bits and see what’s what. Strangle the fan look like it draws air in when turning anti clockwise. Most fans appear to be clockwise hmm.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts