Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I'd advice mounting the engine/box on urethane mounts to stop engine movement.will work better with the front mounted alternator.

You also won't have to worry about clearance issues on that engine.its a big old lump.

If you have a local rod shop,they should be able to help out with mounts and brackets for you.if not a laser cutters would do the same

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)
Thanks Wayne good idea, I have rover 3.5 mounts but I'll leave space to switch them for urethane as adviced. It is a big old lump indeed, I think my plasma cutter will come in very helpful. If not will give you a shout :)

First ideas for the alternator / enging mounts , lucky the block has 9 holes down the side to take decent plate.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #225 (Edited)
Thanks Wayne, that makes perfect sense, oh yes the original scorpio ones had movment limiting cups... did'nt think of that ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I did Mark, a freind runs a Couriers in essex :)

And here it is resting on its new home. Will clamp it in place to keep it straight.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Let battle commence

So, looks like
1. Starting by making the hinge, I'm sure I'll have to rework it once the fit gets closer but such is.
1. Cut the firewall and rework the top edge as there is not enough room for the thickness of the fibre glass and seal
2. Rework the side panels as these don't allow the back edge in, again because the fibre glass is thicker then the original bonnet

Big gaps and mis-alignment, chopping fibre glass will make a change to chopping steel

Start if the Hinges

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Next little bit, made the new spacers and fitted the brake master to the servo. Just need to install it now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Finally Engine and Gearbox in and bolted, on to the firewall and exhaust routing now

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
So been playing with CAD, computer aided design and KAD, Kellogg's aided design.

One manifold flange model

and one printed and cut out

If this fits its time find someone to cut them in 8mm stainless.

221 - 240 of 253 Posts