Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Well started the seat frames, as the seat have integrated seat belts it thought extending the chassis was the way to go.

don’t ask me why I made them different, there must have been a reason at some point

Just the seat brackets to make and weld on before welding the lot to the chassis

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Seat supports in, silly strong as the seat are BMW with the seat belts in them. And the start of a brake system.

A few seat support in the making

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been working on the same job on my Austin this week. Using Ford B Max seats. Inbuilt belts. I've gone even heavier with the mounts (way too heavy..!) 100mm box tied into the chassis, with threaded boss all the way through, welded both ends.
I'm suprised you seem to have more width in your pop than I have in the Austin. My seats are angled inwards 2 degrees, and the mounts touch at the front. Only just fit. I Think...

I'll have to post some more progress, didn't hink it that interseting, but I like looking at how other people have done stuff so maybe I should post more.

Metalwork for the bulkhead and floor is looking really neat and well planned.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I’m tight on space, will have to narrow the seats by 3”, that will bring them down to around 400 wide. Ford B Max, interesting thats

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m tight on space, will have to narrow the seats by 3”, that will bring them down to around 400 wide. Ford B Max, interesting thats
(reply in private if you need to)
Are you going BIVA? How will they view narrowing the seats?
What's your plan? Section the middle and narrow the seat squab? Maybe I'll stare at mine for a while and see if there's a really good reason to narrow them.

I've got a BM as my daily driver, and had planned to use the same seats but sure the Bmax were narower. I'll have to have another measure.
Seats are heavy with all the extra gubbins though!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Hi yes BIVA is the plan, I don't perceive any issues if done properly, i.e. Full strength retained.
Full strength welds, and all structural members retained. Will take lots of pictures to prove it.

241 - 253 of 253 Posts