Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
And the start of the fibre glass work
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

And starting to get there, overall shape, wheel opening and the bottom back edge, all changed, still a way to go but but a start.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,542 Posts
Wayne is right though, you don't have another 10 years left the way things are going with cars/saving the planet.
You really need to get it moving more - finish it off after passing BIVA.

Yup, don't fret the fit and finsih at mo, doesn't need full trim headlining painting etc etc .Make it a sound drivable motor and get it passed and registered .Then you can fettle afterwards .

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yup, don't fret the fit and finsih at mo, doesn't need full trim headlining painting etc etc .Make it a sound drivable motor and get it passed and registered .Then you can fettle afterwards .
This is the thing. 9 years and counting to get things done. Keeps me awake at night

·
Administrator
10,412 Posts
Hi Geoff, it would be a lot easier/better if you just uploaded the photos individually instead of doing a photo package as you do.

Good to see progress, but get rid of the newspaper and buy a roll of proper plastic masking sheeting and a roll of brown paper paint masking. It's cheap and does not absorb paint like newspaper. Also much faster to mask up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Hi Geoff, it would be a lot easier/better if you just uploaded the photos individually instead of doing a photo package as you do.

Good to see progress, but get rid of the newspaper and buy a roll of proper plastic masking sheeting and a roll of brown paper paint masking. It's cheap and does not absorb paint like newspaper. Also much faster to mask up.
I stopped uploading the full pictures because the site was being very difficult a few months ago, I’ll try again. The news paper gives me something to read while the filler is setting, yes plastic sheet is on my list, I just don’t want it in my little garage until I start the real paintwork.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 · (Edited)
Well not a lot to show, been sanding and filling the roof and thought it was time to start extracting the last few bits from the old scorpio so I can then get rid it off the drive. So started to extract the wiring loom from the ford scorpio. The main car loom is not bad but the engine and gearbox looms are falling apart. I’ll tape them up to get it working and the make a new ones to fit. They all need cutting around anyway.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

Fashion design Gas Fashion accessory Metal Personal protective equipment

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
apart from the engine it'd be much easier to wire the car with a simple universal kit car type loom. the cheap (£80-90) loom from car builder solutions is also on ebay for under £50. by the time you've pulled the scorpio loom apart, cut n shut what you need you'll be miles ahead with a new loom. just a thought.
neil.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Yes thanks Neil I think that will be the plan, there are existing 3 bits I need, engine and gearbox looms, these looms are in the engine/gearbox bays and these then plug into the main loom which in turn plugs into the Ecu, so I’m thinking I’ll plug it all back together and bin all the wires not used by the engine/gearbox, the joys of a fuel injected motor with an electronic gearbox. Yes I now I should have put a Chevy lump in it, but I enjoy a challenge. ;-)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Door top on finally, not 100% yet but getting there. Sides and top were horrible fit so chopping and welding all round.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Spring and grease nipple fitted in the brake peddle.
Bumper Tool Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Bottom edge reworked
Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Composite material

Rust cut out and new metal
Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

Top almost sorted
Hood Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Motor vehicle

Ground back and weld first pass on back edge
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive exterior Gas

281 - 300 of 322 Posts