Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this build.
Heres one i jacked up the stock front end on my afx project...

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool!:tup:.. mines going up both ends! but stock wheelbase, poss radiused arches .
started building roll cage and rear axle tonight and cut out inner wings:tup:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
iv`e got a beam axle out of the the amt 33 willys kit if its any good to you

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hurtz..think peppershaker has one for me...but interested all the same..any thing you want to swap it for?? parts/cash??

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
if you want it pm your address and just pay the postage if thats alright

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
been looking into making graphics on the inkjet printer with decal paper.....for the cars name on the sides....anyone know how to type shadowed text??? ie.. the cars name with a black shadowed edge??..i can do normal text but cant figure out how to add a shadow to it:beuj:

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
been looking into making graphics on the inkjet printer with decal paper.....for the cars name on the sides....anyone know how to type shadowed text??? ie.. the cars name with a black shadowed edge??..i can do normal text but cant figure out how to add a shadow to it:beuj:
couldnt you type the name in black then again in colour then drag the coloured text on top of the black to create a shadow effect ??? or would that not work.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
think i have sussed the printing bit...just need to buy some decal paper now:shake:...not done much more than mark chassis and body for mods...got axles on way.thanks peppershaker and hurtz:tup:..on nights now for a few days so wont be much progress...hoping for a dry weekend and warm.. so i can get the dremel out and start cutting!!
will take some pics then too hopefully:tup:

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bumper Automotive exterior Plastic Automotive design Wood Natural material Event Plastic Art Metal Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design Rectangle Plastic well been waiting in for parcels today so got out into garage and attacked the chevy chassis with the dremel....cut off all original front suspension and mouldings, and filled the chassis legs to make em a bit smoother, widened the bulkhead as i have cut out the inner wings, then added a tubular front x member and some bracing from the bulkhead to the front of chassis where the new spring hangers will be, also cut into floorpan for the new suspension at the rear. finally cut out most of original front crossmember as the new engine is a bit bigger:whistle: waiting to fit axles to determine ride height and whether i need to radius rear arches:tup:

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
at last..managed to do a bit on the model now that xmas and new year have passed! fitted front axle pirated from a dodge a100 and fitted springs and shackles, fitted rear axle and ladder bars, and finally got it onto 4 wheels!! built basic interior with apair of bucket seats and rollcage, trimmed front grille and deleted front bumper which meant i had to cut front wings to match, and built two engines as i cant decide which to use?? will add pics later:tup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts