Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my comp entry,it`s not a car a lot of people like as a real car except as a doner car .my first v8 car was one of these.still have a soft spot for them.i`m building this as if i had one now,so no pics of the built idea as its all in my head.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I looked in your head yesterday and dal it looked whey cool dude

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i had an idea in my head for the engine and gearbox so iv`e been bidding on a couple of models(i know i should have sorted this out when i got the model,but i recieved the model 2 days before the start of the contest)i do have a back up plan for an engine and gearbox in case i dont get one.while waitingi got bored and decided to prep and spray the body.i know this is abit arse about face incase i have to modiefy the body later on.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don`t know why but the colour scheme looks familiar

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You looking for a Hemi by any chance?:D
not quite,i can`t say yet in case i don`t get the engine and gearbox of my choice.i have the plan b engine and gear box which should look cool,though i did think about putting a big block chevy in it:D

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
today i finally got my doner model,haven`t touched it since i sprayed the body .i ran out of vauxhall bright copper ,which i needed for the stripe on the bumper and power bulge.got another aresol but for some reason it`s a little darker.so i v`e got to mask the car up again and respray the stripe.......................BUGGER

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i`ve built and painted the rollcage,not sure if i`m going to use it yet as i`m putting a different dash in .the engine and gear box is built and painted.the under side of the floor is getting there,but still got to figuar out the exhast system and make either a panhard rod or a diaginal link.iv`e won a couple of little bits on ebay yesterday and just got to wait for them to come

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iv`e gone for the modular engine out of a 2006 gt mustang model
still got to do some odds and sods on the engine.iv`e removed the inner wings as the manifolds touched them.iv`e made a tube connection going from the bulk head to the chassis.i think iv`e got to use the roll cage now,i better shape the bottom of the new dash to fit.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
the engine is plan A plan B was a 427 shotgun from another model that was blown and fuel injected or with twin carbs.trouble was i wanted to build the car as if i had a real one,it would be with modern parts.i coundn`t afford to build a real one with plan b parts

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
using the scoop in the model kit but moved a bit more forward.the injection sits quite high.i tried to buy an outlaw bonnet for the model i`m building with what in real life would be a six inch cowl scoop but he wouldn`t sell out of america

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
had a mishap today and ruined the front screen,going to try and make another one

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the body`s all painted and fitted up with cobra 11 parts, these and the chrome cobras came from the states.just got to polish it up which i`ll do before final assembley .as you can see theres no windscreen at the moment ,due to early cock up. the bonnet is just resting in the hole,hence it looks a little lop sided.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
today whilst working in leytonstone i went in an old style model shop,they had a4 clear plastic sheeting about 0.5mm-1 mm thick.i bought a couple of sheets.i ve still got the old screen that i put a big scratch in ,then ruined it even more by trying to polish it out.i cut a piece of sheeting a little bit bigger than and taped it to the old screen.i went over it with a hair dryer so it shaped itself to the old screen and let it cool off.then trimmed to size.this was my first attempt

.now i know what to do i`ll try and make a better one.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
cut a 2in piece of masking tape, stick it to the inside of the body, draw the outline of the screen with a biro on the sticky side. Pull it off in one piece, and stick it to a piece of acetate. Cut it out with sharp big scissors 2mm wider all round. Tape the screen round a cup, dunk it into boiling water for a minute or so, then straight out into cold should give it some shape. Remove the tape and fit it from behind. Use PVA as it doesn't fog the acetate, use masking tape inside and out to hold it in place. and let it dry over night Done a few like this for chopped models.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the tip phil:tup::tup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts