Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 litre peugeot van 6 years old/diesel,anyway it was getting abit harder to start later part of last winter so i bought a bosch battery in march so i would;nt get copped out this winter.well it ain;t been that clever starting this winter so i put new ngk glow plugs in saturday and come to start it on sunday thinking it would crack up straight away/very slow,here i am now typing this with me van on charge,do the starters get lazy or can anyone point me in another direction ...thanks inadvance

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
yeh starters do get lazy if you think its a starter issue first thing you need to do is make sure your getting full power to starter from battery, so if you have a jump lead connect it direct from batt poss to starter feed, try it on the key if its slow turning over still, do same agian but with earth to engine, if no better its more than likely the starter, there was a mod out on the pug starters but it think that applied to the 307 only.

bill

·
Registered
809 Posts
does it have a multi block connecter thingy on the + terminal ?
pending on year, if it does, strip it off and clean all the terminals

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Can also be a warning sign that the dual mass flywheel is breaking up, take the starter off and check that the dog gear isn't clogged up with fibres. They slow the starter down and give the impression that the battery is dying.

·
Registered
141 Posts
First thing i'd try is getting a good earth. Put a jump lead from batt negative and engine block or head and try it. If it improves add another bolt on earth.
As mentioned above, has it got a push together connector block coming from the pos side? Look for bad connection/corrosion there too.

Tony

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Which reminds me, I have never seen any French car dealerships here in the USA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts