Rods 'n' Sods banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
...... when i need some inspiration I take a look through my build photo
I find R'N'S is great for motivation. I find a lot of inspiration in other people's builds and I hope that others find inspiration in mine.

Great build by the way. Can't wait until mine is properly on it's feet and out in the open!

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
glad to see you're still ticking stuff of what can seem a never decreasing list of jobs mate. how will the biva testers react to the door bolts that can't be opened from outside in the event of an accident? i know cars fail the mot if you can't get in from outside for that reason so it might be worth a look in the manual. :tup:
neil.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
According to the IVA manual if you have suicide doors they have to have an internal door bolt with a warning device to alert you when the door is not bolted when driving I have a buzzer that can be switched of manually when working on it and the engine is running but also has two lights that are permanently on too show which door is not bolted .if you look at the steering wheel photo you can just see them by the please bolt the door and the buzzer is behind its small but sodding loud and annoying

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
that's good to hear, i hate having to redo stuff as i'm sure you do. weird that the fire brigade wouldn't be able to get into the car in a accident if you're unconcious? keep upthe good work mate.
neil.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I quired this one time and the consensus was the fire brigade wont **** about , just put the window in.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #467 (Edited)
Neil to be honest the bolt's are the cheapest that b & m do so it you were to give the door handle a good pull the bolt will probably bend/brake off
Zefa46 if they were to brake the window I better be unconscious as I had the glass made for it ��lol

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,020 Posts
Most of our modernish cars have had automatic door locking when you reach 30 mph so they'd still be locked if you were knocked out.

·
Administrator
9,519 Posts
Neil to be honest the bolt's are the cheapest that b & m do so it you were to give the door handle a good pull the bolt will probably bend/brake off
Zefa46 if they were to brake the window I better be unconscious as I had the glass made for it ��lol
I think you might need to read the manual again - I'n not 100% sure but I think the bolts have to be ign controlled? - IE they lock automatically when engine running?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
I'm hoping I'm not reading this wrong but how I see it when my ignition is on the run (no 2) position it actuates the door buzzer running or not unless the bolt is across

Gullwing or suicide doors fitted to the sides of the vehicle must be
a. fitted with a device that automatically moves the door to the
closed or intermediate latched position if unlatched when the
vehicle is moving forward,
or
b. fitted with a safety bolt and an audible warning device, that
activates when the vehicle is being driven if the bolt is not in
the “secured” position.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yup, a garden gate slide bolt with a switch that means there's a warning alarm if the bolt isn't engaged is enough!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
God I'm bored all i want to do is get on with my car but here i am sat at my girlfriend's house isolating as i would rather look at sarah than my brother, now i don't want you to think I've given up on the car i have striped it down a little trying to sort out the running so it's scattered around the garage. all i want to do is get it running and start tuning it yes i it's cold outside but i would be having a play with a nice big cup of tea.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
Well that will teach me to open my mouth the boss she who has to be obeyed went to go in to town today and the alternater packed up good job i had a spare one now that was fun doing it in this temp only -3 as she doesn't have a drive good job there was a lovely roaring fire going when i got in and mygasser i did all the odd jobs around the house in the first and second lockdown including laying a patio of which only took me three years to start lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great project!
Some familiar engineering here as my C Cab is Herald based (originally with Triumph engine but now running transverse Mini engine in the rear).
Loved scrolling through your build journey, thanks.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts