Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

481 - 485 of 485 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,400 Posts
if you remove the guts from the false rad' cap leaving just the top bit then you can use the overflow pipe fitting to run a battery breather pipe.
neil.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
if you remove the guts from the false rad' cap leaving just the top bit then you can use the overflow pipe fitting to run a battery breather pipe.
neil.
neil believe it or not that is the reason i put the filler neck in and i can hopefully have the battery fix down bolt/nut under it to plus the raised bit gives me some room for the pos lead /bolt

well done graham , by the way something that would make the engine run cooler is having the vacuum advance working , and making sure it has enough advNCE IN THE DISSY ,EG TIMING CORRECT AND CETRIFUGAL WORKING AS IT SHOULD .oooops caps , not shouting ...promise :)
thanks for that i will definitely check that but as i haven`t seen my car in three months when i get over there again i will check

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
We have a little bit of progress the second rad and the battery box are now fitted it didn't go according to plan but as I made them from memory they only needed a small amount of fettling

There's a rad in their somewhere

From underneath and to help with the water flow i have modified both rad drain plugs and linked them together should help with the flow

And the battery box

Now to start putting it back together

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,128 Posts
Civic rad should be enough as they are a hot running engine and by putting it on end you get an increase of 30% in cooling efficiency.

You may find the additional rad CAUSES overheating :( Reason being is that the extra volume, without the aid of gravity may cause the water pump to 'stall' and not push ith around enough . It will certianly help with heat soak when you switch a running engine off and all block heat immediately transfers to the water system .

Used to be my 'game' for 17 years ;)

481 - 485 of 485 Posts