Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a couple of my lil old 71 Cuda, had her now for over 20 years.
Not exactly matching numbers....:D
Too much to list, thought pictures would expalin a lot easier
Cheers,
Mark . . .

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Mark , I dont need to tell you....that car is absoluteley , without a shadow of any possible doubt whatsoever in my honest bleedin opinion ,kin awesome..............BRILLIANT , the nearest thing to a Pro-Mod car on the street...:smoke:

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
'kin ace..........:tup:

·
My name is Martin
2,611 Posts
I need this car!

Have you raced it yet?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
C'mon Mark astound us with the figures please
Figures...............
Cost - A lot more than I'd care to add up, if the truth be known
Motor - 572ci KB with 14-71 Blower, EFI controlled by BigStuff3, Stage V heads, smallish Cam.
Trans - Full on Powerglide, bolt together converter by Neal Chance
Horses - Around 1,100hp, torque 1000ft/lbs from 2,500rpm, pretty much stays flat, drop off at max rpm,was down to around 900ft/lb's
Blower is slightly underdriven, virtually 1:1
Weight- Was 2,200lbs, now closer to 2,500/2,600lbs with different motor, & extras such as lights,grill, exhaust system, etc
Thirsty - Not as bad now as when I was starting out & trying to get an understanding of the EFI.Was probably down to 1mpg, now around 6-8mpg, playing seriously affects its thirst rate

Have you raced it yet?
No not yet, previous best was 9.2 with B1 & torqueflite

Should find out in the not too distant future

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mopar Nats Mark ?:smoke:
Yep, planning on going to the Nats :tup:

If you had asked me the weekend, it would of been a doubt, as I have been tracing a fault for the last couple of weeks, and no success. Managed to have breakthrough tonight and eventually found the cause tonight.

So I am a happy bunny as they say:D:D

Blown Hemis & EFI's do look cool, but not too many people to ask when you have a problem :shake:

The real thrower for me, was that the problem arose after I had changed the Jesel cam seals, due to an oil leak. So naturally, I thought it was something I had done. Despite me indexing the cam, rechecking & coming out OK, still there was an elemnt of doubt, saying to me, well it was OK before you touched it.
Motor wouldn't idle, almost sounded like a missfire. So using my old school of thoughts, guessed it was an ignition problem. Should of picked up on the fact it was over fueling sooner. Must trust the laptop more :D
Anyway, turns out it was a poor connection on the MAP sensor, so EFI didnt know where it was & kept sticking in more fuel.

All part of the learning process I guess for an EFI virgin :D

·
My name is Martin
2,611 Posts
Are you running a wideband lambda with the fuel injection?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts