Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just thought I'd post a few images of my new project. It needs quite a bit of welding, but hell, Consul Capri's are well worth the effort at the end of the day.

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Without question one of the best looking cars for its era :tup: In my opinion with the right wheel/tyre combo,nice paint and smoked tints it still takes some beating. Hope someone can photoshop this!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes mate, it does have an interior and it might just be a GT model as it's got a GT engine and remote gear change and the GT instruments albeit mounted in a home made centre consul. The back panel also has the pin hole configuration for the GT badge as well and the interior is black. If it's a GT that's good, but if it's not then I don't mind as I prefer a painted dash anyway ;-). Can't wait to start working on it as I love these cars (had one of these before and always regretted selling it and have had 2 Classics as well) !!!!!!!
Only sad thing is that I'll be putting my Prefect pickup up for sale very soon now :-(

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
My first motor was a classic,painted it black with black vinyl trim :tup:

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Now that sounds real kool. Any pictures of it matey????
Im sorry dave no,it was 1977! Consul capri as said in the earlier post is a beautiful shape. I watched a live auction before xmas when a 38000 mile one made £10,200

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
nice one dave, been welding the a post on mine today, look forward to a build thread perhaps we can compare rust :lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I overlooked that one Kev - now I feel foolish as I know all GT models read an extra 10mph over the standard ones. Will I never learn ;-)

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
What is the top speed on the speedo?
i think i know where your going with that question kev real gt`s have a higher speedo and gt`s are rare

must type faster

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's sound like an excellent idea Steve, I'll swap you a bag of my rust for yours eh !!!!! lol

nice one dave, been welding the a post on mine today, look forward to a build thread perhaps we can compare rust :lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully mate, but it'll be damned scruffy like your beautifully prepared shoebox Ford. Make sure you get a tetenus jab before you get anywhere near it though, because at the moment it bites back - lol. If it's not going Gaz, I'll just have to be Frank's bitch as he's just about to put his A40 Cambridge on the road.

nice one Dave will it be ready for the roustabout:drunk:

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Jack

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks live this is going to be another good build up thread....Plenty of pics please...When can you start..
Well I pick it up after the swapmeet on Sunday and I guess I'll have to wait till the day after before I replace the floor - lol. I've got a lot of work ahead of me as well as some 'restyling' so I'll certainly be starting a thread to document all the changes ahead ;-)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts