Rods 'n' Sods banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
really good looking project mate, looks surprisingly original (so hopefully not allot of filler to worry about).

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
One of my all time favourite cars good luck with the project be nice to see more of these fantastic looking cars about

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Thanks so much guys for the enthusiastic comments. I can't wait to get started on it's rebirth as I have so many ideas of what I want to do to it that even my sleep pattern has changed in the last week - lol. I'll certainly keep posting pics when I start work on in it ;-)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well Stevie, I was contemplating a 2 litre Pinto mated to the standard box, but I'd really like a 2 litre zetec as I know that they are a very good engine and spares will be plentiful for a long time to come ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's the car then dave looks like it will be a good build a mate of mine might have some bits if you need any good luck

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wow, look at the interest youv generated on here Dave, just goes to show, how everyone loves these things, be cool if its on the road by the end of the year.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well since my last post I have managed the odd day up the garage ably assisted by my mate Frank. First job was generally gutting the car of it's interior trim and welding up the rear floor area to give the structure some much needed strength.

Then to make a change from welding I er, welded in a new spare wheel well - lol

Next job on the list was to remove the offending pre crossflow as Frank wants to concentrate his efforts on cleaning up the engine bay

Found a few rotted out areas so attacked these and also welded up the heating vent holes as I want a tidy engine bay. Battery tray disappeared when 'caressed' with the angle grinder as battery will be living in the cavernous boot ;-)

Well that's all for now folks ;-)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Been watching this on the F/B group.
What are you called on FB matey as it would be nice to know there are other people who endorse our hobby/lifestyle :)

Had another afternoons work on the Capri today and finally finished the engine bays repairs and smoothing process. I've decided to run the wiring under the the outer wings so as to keep the engine bay uncluttered and without the ugly necessities on display which will be either concealed under the wings or behind the dash panel ;-)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Now that hurt Gary, especially as you are my identical twin sister - lol. How's it going fella, did you sort another box for the Ford sedan ???
without the ugly necessities on display ..

Does this include you Dave..:drunk:

Jack

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Dave at this rate you should have her finished by mid summer,seen all your pics on fb looking good....
Thanks for your enthusiastic words buddy, I'll try my best to get it ready for about that time albeit in primer and not too pretty. Hmm, just like Jack Earls eh !!!!! - :smoke:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well another eventful day up the garage and I'm well pleased with the progress made as I completed the spare wheel well, replaced the rotted out part on the left hand side of the boot and made half of the shelf piece that sits in front of the rear bumper.

This is the next repair on the list and then on to the new sills !!!!!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Frank mate, I haven't had time to take pics just yet, but I will if the rodsnsods residents want to see more rust removal - lol. Oh and then there's the new/original steering wheel I bought and the new doors etc, etc

21 - 40 of 114 Posts