Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, after having a '71 vette ragtop and a '68 Mustang ragtop, I've finally gone for a closed car!!

Still in the states and having the headlining redone and other bits and bobs, it's a genuine '68 Mustang fastback 390GT.

Currently has a 302 and autobox but I'm reinstating the 390 that the owner has in storage along with the manual gearbox.
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel in six or seven weeks time....:D

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Good choice Bro - you can do a lot with that FE390 - my laddo 30PSI has a spare genuine period FoMoCo dual quad inlet that would look super cool under that hood. Hope you ain't gonna use some of that job lot blue paint on it again!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good choice Bro - you can do a lot with that FE390 - my laddo 30PSI has a spare genuine period FoMoCo dual quad inlet that would look super cool under that hood. Hope you ain't gonna use some of that job lot blue paint on it again!
I'm keeping it red Ross, I was getting bored of that blue anyhow! I've ordered up the Marti report for it, so I may well change it back to original if the colour wasn't too drab. Maybe I should go the Bullitt route, but there are quite a few of those around.
Someone said today that the FE in FE390 stood for 'F**king expensive'! I'll let you know once it's rebuilt!! :tup:

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Words cannot convey my envy. That's cool.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, your encouragement is much appreciated! :tup: Just found out that the car was originally candy apple red with a black interior, so looking for a good sprayer when I get the car home!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may have missed something here johnny but I thought you were going E body Mopar ???
..Nige..
Hi Nige, I was torn between several cars in the USA, and nearly bought a '71 Cuda ragtop project, but that one got away from me. Other car's I liked were out of my price bracket and when this came along I had to buy it. Only $24,000 and although it's got a 302 and 3 speed auto in it, I've also bought the original running 390 engine and 4 speed tranny that went with the car. These S codes are big money cars Nige, be nice to make a few quid on it when it goes instead of losing!!!:tup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts