Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

My old T Bucket

Tags
bucket
10K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Woody76 
#1 ·

My old '23 model T bucket ratrod (Jago frame and tub)
i got off a neighbour who had it stored in his garage for 10 years and not touched it since the day it rolled in....
i started to clean it up and strip the engine (surprisingly good and clean).
i'd put some pics up on the NSRA forum and was contacted by a bloke who claimed to be the guy that built it in the 80's.... after a few emails and a phone call it turned out he did in fact build it (knew about the etched name on the glass and described all the cnc work he'd done on it) and always regretted getting rid of it.
Needless to say an offer was made that i couldn't refuse and the car returned to its maker :sniff:

I never even got a chance to drive it :cry:

See less See more
#3 ·
That was and now is my sons car,( Gedney Rodder) and yes he built that when he was 15. He is just about to start the rebuild (as was). It was originally built mainly in the street. I have loads of pics of the original build.
Charlie!!

#7 ·
Here's a couple to get going==

Bruntingthorpe 85 (I think). Paul was about 16. Took it there for a bit of a shakedown (not ready for road)

Then when he got it on the road first time, sitting where it was built=

Then a strip down and rebuild. We got a lock up by then:tup::tup:

There are some later ones. I'll have to look them out and scan.
Cheers Charlie!!

#8 ·
Hi there Paul...
Yes this was and now is my car.
I started the build when I was 15 about 1984, got it on the road around 87ish. It wasn't an easy job as we lived on the third floor in a block of flats in a council estate in central London, so it was built down in the corner of a dead end road with power from the flat via a long cable chucked over the balcony (proper hotrod building).
It got used n abused for many years. In 1990 we (the misses and the parents) travelled down to spain for a 3 week holiday (the parents in a B pick up) we sure did turn some heads on that trip.
It had a couple of revamps through the years, and the current paintjob was done about 92 I think.
I sold the car in 96 or 97 to a mate who moved it on a year or so later as he moved to the states. the next time I saw the car it was on a trailer on the Pop parts plus stall with a number of parts scatterd across his stall, headers, inlet n carb, bug catcher, wheels/tyres, rad, and other bits n pieces (bastard), he really did rip all the good bits off.
The next time I saw it was at The Nats at essex when it had a pinto in it.
Then I got a phone call late last year to tell me that it was on Ebay, so I had to have a look, showed the misses, and all she said was I suppose we've got to find some money from somewhere because this was my first real love. Well the rest is history as we struck a deal and I went and collected it. It looks a bit sad now but that will be sorted, don't know when though. I found a bug cather like what was on it at the swap meet so just looking out for the rest of the bits now.
I'm sure Truxdelux will put some pics on throughout the years.
So it will be back out sometime, don't know when though, got to sell my project minor to get some funds.
Oh, and by the way, It's Not a Ratrod.
And Badger, you can't have it ha ha, not sure I'll be able to make this friday but will keep it mind for next month.
Cheers...Paul...

#12 · (Edited)
Wow it certainly did look the part in it's heyday, such a shame it sat unloved for 10 years before i discovered it in a neighbours garage :shake:
The nickname "ratrod" was given to it by my mates because of the state it was in and it just stuck with it. there was idea's of going the ratty look with it purely because it was almost there anyway.... but yeah your right Paul (Gedney rodder) it never was and clearly never will be a Ratrod now :tup:
When you do start the rebuild make sure you get the pics up mate i'd love to see the car restored to it's former glory :cool:

#17 ·
give `im a break Charlie... who would expect a tree in the middle of a field.... great memories... and I broke it too, on my way home from work one night and had to weld it in the street at a busy junction... does Paul remember that night???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.