Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally managed to get to the Don Garlits museum a couple of years ago while doing the Disney thing. Found the photos behind the settee last night so thought I'd stick them up on here. Sorry they're not that great, Don seems to make the best use of the floor space available making it tough to get a decent photo.

The Big Al sedan with Ohio Georges '33 coupe, his first racecar in the background.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A couple from the engine room.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple from the Old Town, Kissimmee cruise night, only a couple as most of the cars there are pretty rubbish in my opinion.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A couple from Universal.

Mels Drive In. The only thing worse than the cold food & piss poor service were the cars outside.

The hugely unconvincing Graffiti coupe, the perspex bonnet's a nice touch.

The slightly more convincing, but not by much, '55.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Did you go into the other building next to the race building
Last time i was there don came trundling in just as i was leaving , he was in a flatty powerd fenderless ASedan
Kool place

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
thanka for posting. how did big al see out that sedan!
i love the 554 coupe.
id ove to go their, so much history. id love to spend a day there and just take it all in.

·
Registered
967 Posts
class place,went there about 15 years ago and the man himself come out for a chat,and then walked out and emptyed the till

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
I went there in 1991. then done the street rod nats at tampa and most of the shows up the coast. Even met the late great WolfmanJack at his restaurant (Wolfman Jack's Rock'n'Roll Palace).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts