Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update re Drayton entry and tickets and change of mind by the Club - get ready for another invasion!

As you may or may not be aware, Steve Wooldridge, our Chairman, has resigned his position due to personal reasons/family commitments.

The standing Committee has talked about the wristband entry to the park only being available to hot rod attendees (whatever) and have come to the decision that it is untenable and have disregarded the idea for this year. All pre-entered attendees to this years NASC 20th Neil's Spring Nationals will receive a wrist band and free entry to the theme park whether they attend in a hotrod or not, although it would be nice if people made the effort to turn up in their hotrod/custom/street machine etc...... as long as this is all agreed with Drayton Manor Park as we are still in final negotiations, which will hopefully be resolved within the next few weeks. Once sorted pre-entry forms will be available on our website:- NASC - National Association of Street Clubs - hot rods, customs,

John Pryor
Vice Chairman

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
i would have thought that wrist band idea is easy enough to implement, as you enter the event pickup your band were you pay to get in/enter the event, if your not in a rod etc and your in your daily then no wrist band?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i totally agree stevie t.even at other shows it would be nice to receive a little something for turning up in a rod,custom classic or yank because if we didn't bother like some who turn up in their dailys there would not even be a show to even put on!

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Surely the easiest option is a reduced entry fee for being in a rod, its common practice in the VW world..........

·
N.H.R.C.
1952 Ford Anglia. Ford 351Windsor & C4 auto. 10 bolt Chevy rear, front axle using 37-41 spindles
591 Posts
Surely the easiest option is a reduced entry fee for being in a rod, its common practice in the VW world..........
That sounds like a good idea,bit of an incentive to bring your rod instead of the easy option of the daily.
Cheers Andy

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That sounds like a good idea,bit of an incentive to bring your rod instead of the easy option of the daily.
Cheers Andy
Seems to me that could be the answer, leave things as they are but put the price up for those that don't attend in the correct vehicle... Simples?

Micky T.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi ,this is me " DAVE " not Wendy so this is my opinion not hers (as she is on committee ) People will pre enter usually with there rod,custom or yank,some maybe hoping to have it finished in time,some hoping the mot does not prove a problem.I dont think that many delibratley turn up in the daily driver,a few years back I set off in the Victor a few miles down road the car had problems had to get it home then I had to turn up at Drayton Manor in an Astra,on reaching the gate to book in very late at night no que or anything about I was able to chat an tell what had happened.Can you imagine the honking of horns over heating engines and women an children wanting a pee,the game gate staff would have saying well you havent brought the rod so you will need this wristband not that one,then the ones that walk to the front of the que from there car to save time an staff cant see they are in toyota not a camaro,its very difficult to police,it seems they are dammed if they do an dammed if they dont.I just hope the weather is good,the car behaves its self an we all have a good time........cheers DAVE

·
Registered
701 Posts
I know a few people who used to do the 'daily' trick to get into Americana, don't know if they still get away with it but not something I ever did or ever would try...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts