Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lone wolf
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my thread some time ago saying that i dissagreed with the Nasc charging for kids entry to the Nats and saying that i wouldn't be going, i bowed to pressure from the kids and went. as i have said elsewhere i had a great weekend and so did the kids. the entertainment put on for the kids was great with lots of games and compertitions where all the kids seemed to win something.
so a big thankyou to mark and the team at the Nasc, as far as i'm concerned the money i payed for the kids was money well spent.

andy :tup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Still a cheap weekend

I quite agree with this thread.
Superb for the children.
If they enjoy it all the better for the old uns.
My children enjoyed all that was laid on for them.
I have no problem paying for a well planned and thought out program. What good value when you consider that a long weekend is so little money.
Congrats to the committee.
Anyway the more children the better the future of our chosen passion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, thanks for your thanks guys. It means a lot. I've already got a new idea for next year but i'll let us get over the shock of paying this years bills afor I hit em with it.

Any of you lot got any ideas and i'm more than happy to listen. To say how many kids we have on site the kids activities are always under-subscribed. That's great news for the kids who actually turn up as they often go away dripping with prizes but we really do need to get more of em involved. Part of the problem is 'apathy' (It was quite an eye opener to learn how many kids didn't know anything about their programme of entertainment. We even listed it seperately in the weekend programme this year and handed out flyers directly to the kids) and another problem is todays kids are far more sophisticated than us old timers who would have been battering the Trinity Rooms doors down to get their hands on all that free stuff. Anyway like I said afor....anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello Rocket 88 I thought you was having a few days break after the Nats, time to get the grey matter back together, thanks for a fab show getting back to the old days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why thank you Slappy. Sadly the beast that is the Nats never sleeps. Tying loose ends up and straight into planning for next year. Big thanks to you and Dan for all your help. You put in a lot of hours and we're very grateful.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts