Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 1956 prefect that i bought last year

i have stripped the front panel work off now and i have found that the inner wings aren't bad and are solid with no holes

i have also removed the standard engine and gearbox now ready for the 1300 crossflow and 4 speed box to go in with the 107e front cross member i have. i have been collecting parts as i go and already have a set of slots to go on it

and i have also bought this dash for it

which proved hard to find as this type of dash is starting to get really hard to get hold off,
well i'm enjoying it so far and hope to have it on the road the end of the year or at least at wheels day even if i have to trailer it there:D

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've finally found the dash I've been looking for, went and collected it yesterday and today put it in for a trial fit

been looking for a dash like this one for a while now and finally picked this one up off ebay, today i also removed the front half of the wiring loom and cleaned up the engine bay

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I've got another project now so my prefect going to be put on hold for a little while until i finish this

it's going to be a car-bq and should be some good practise, thanks go to 34 boy for letting me have it, i'll keep you all updated on how it goes, today i've been shaping the filler that was on it

·
Registered
211 Posts
What a great idea for a Barby. :tup: :tup: So much better than a halved oil drum.

Keep us posted on the Car-B-Q :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great idea. Will you weld in a pit (as such) in the boot with a grill where the boot aperture is? Also it'll probably get pretty hot, how will you stop the steel warping and paint peeling? Look forward to seeing the progress on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts