Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
how far is this from the swapmeet...??? (northerner cant you tell)

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Straight down a 13 onto a 127 into southend,follow directions to sealifer centre, seafront around 25-30 mins Right next to the old Kursaal

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
so whats happened to the b52 cafe at the airport then,or are they the same owners?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
so whats happened to the b52 cafe at the airport then,or are they the same owners?
If you mean the place where the B52's car club met on the airport it's been knocked down as part of the changes that Stobbarts are making, yep the same Stobbarts that that run all the lorries now own the airport as far as I know.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
If you mean the place where the B52's car club met on the airport it's been knocked down as part of the changes that Stobbarts are making, yep the same Stobbarts that that run all the lorries now own the airport as far as I know.
Yes thats right-there building a new train station for the airport where the diner was.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yep that's the one,went there last year to a show & a nice bunch of poeple & the cafe owner, bloody shame its gone:tdown:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Are there any parking facilities?
There is a pay n display next to the sealife centre and parking on the road all P & D but I don't think the restaurant will have any of it's own because of where it is. May be wrong.

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
meet would be great, im sure the people who own it would be more than appreciative. car park right opposite, pay as you go i think

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Borrowed from Fliker

Bobby Jos 50s girl's

Hi there

We are doing all sorts .. steaks, ribs, tex mex, burgers, hot dogs, paninis, sandwiches, jacket spuds, chicken - in fact we have a huge menu. We are going to opening at 8am through to 10pm, we shall be doing breakfasts as well. And yes we are in 1950s waiter/waitress uniforms. We are actually looking to employ a couple of waiters actually at the moment so anyone reading this who can make milkshakes and coffee please pop in and see Tony. Its a new venture for us, we have never owned or run a restaurant before and this is a dream of ours, we are very into the 1950s

:tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts