Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jay, I am 45 and have been a copier/printer repairman for 17 years. I am an outdoorsman, mainly a fisherman. I live on the dry side of Oregon where cars do not rot as bad as many places. My car is a '42 Chevy that I have installed a '74 Nova front suspension clip, rear axle , steering column and brake system including pedals. I re-wired it and converted it to 12 volt. It is powered by an Oldsmobile 455 with a Turbo 400 behind it. I have built my car the low buck way, I have about $5k US into it so far. I have lurked here before and it seems like a fun place to hang out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really like the Fleetline fastback styling myself. I found mine by accident and it is my favorite old car that I have owned. The guy also had a very solid '55 Chevy 2 door post with a blown engine and a '57 Chevy sedan delivery. The '55 was very cool but not for sale. I got it from northern California in a place called Hawkinsville. Think "Deliverance" the movie, but they had more solid desirable classics than I have ever seen in one place. My dad and I were very afraid loading up my car because no one was home at the time. It was a fun trip.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hi 42 chevy, the more I see the fleetline`s the more I want one but it will be a few years yet before I sell my current rides, Ive coverered quite a few of the states over there from New England to Florida and seen some nice old collections and junk yards.
Met some great people on my travels and always been made welcome ,some have become almost like family now, ( met a family from Oregon in Dallas fort worth who son was a top rodeo rider the gave us tickets to the competition )

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ever get to eastern Oregon I know of a junkyard with late 30's to early 20's cars and trucks. I would be glad to show you around. I even have a cabin in a ghost town you can stay in if you wanted to,it is called Whitney, Oregon and our cabin was the post office. The side of Oregon I live in is high in the mountains with the kind of weather that doesn't destroy cars so a fun place to live. we have four seasons here not like the other side of Oregon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will try and find some pics, my old computer crashed but I have some somewhere. The guy has a couple dozen complete cars one is a one owner '55 Chevy 2 door post with a 6 cylinder and 3 speed. I would give my left nut for it, very solid car and all there. I have them on my Facebook but am not sure how to share them here, it is 50 or so pics I think.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts