Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Dudley. I just registered and am following the rules and introducing myself.

My background: I spent most of my childhood working on old WWII trucks with my Dad. He bought an old GMC 353 CCKW that was used in the film Full Metal Jacket. When I heard that old GMC Straight 6 fire up I was sold on it and became a petrol head. After that I worked on a rare old Ford F-15 with a mercury V8 with my Dad and when I was old enough I was bought a 1969 Morris Minor Pickup. I know all these don't really fit into the archetypal "Hot Rod" scene but its all I had.

The reason why I joined this forum is because I have found a 1930 Chrsyler CJ6 and need to source advice, parts and look into car shows to drag my ass too:

So, hello and I hope a few of you can unlock the answers to a whole loada questions I have about this car and other mechanically minded conundrums.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NoJive

My other car is an unfinished Morris Minor Pickup project...

·
phantom raspberry blower
794 Posts
Hi ya dudley I'm from horley. Some locals and some not so local meet at the black horse pub in hookwood on the third thursday of the month if you fancy coming along Depending on the weather some people might even bring some interesting cars

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
invite...

Hi ya dudley I'm from horley. Some locals and some not so local meet at the black horse pub in hookwood on the third thursday of the month if you fancy coming along Depending on the weather some people might even bring some interesting cars
Hey thanks, sounds good to me! I sure won't be bringing the Chrysler unless I put some rust and grease in my pockets. Having said that, no harm in just chewing the cudd with fellow petrol heads over a beverage.

Hope to see you there sometime soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts