·
Registered
12,495 Posts
dick turpin a127 wickford essex.
wednesday every week as from 3rd june from approx 8pm
american, cutoms and rods all welcome.
food avaliable more details to follow.
look forward to seeing you.
Well done Woody - someone had to suggest it - perhaps this forum will get to the right kind of people who should be going there. The Turpin was always the very best place for the guys who actually want to be able to leave the venue, with how shall I say it? - 'a heavy right foot'. Lots of people have suggested going there again, with the temporary demise of the B52 and the limited space at the 127 Diner it just needs enough determined bodies to get their asses in to gear, turn up and support it :tup:

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
About time too, I used to love it there.

Weather permitting I'll be there!

·
Registered
210 Posts
We started the meeting at the Dick Turpin this Thurs gone (28th May) had a great warm nite there with some good company from some of the people who arrived, the meet was arranged at short notice, so unfortunately not everybody we contacted could make it. We decided as Thursday wasn't convient for everybody we changed the meet to Wednesday, we are at the moment negotiating with the management for a special deal for the american/custom car owners reguarding food and drink, so come on you lot get those cars out and support us!

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
We started the meeting at the Dick Turpin this Thurs gone (28th May) had a great warm nite there with some good company from some of the people who arrived, the meet was arranged at short notice, so unfortunately not everybody we contacted could make it. We decided as Thursday wasn't convient for everybody we changed the meet to Wednesday, we are at the moment negotiating with the management for a special deal for the american/custom car owners reguarding food and drink, so come on you lot get those cars out and support us!
Well done Frank:tup: unfortunately I'm repairing some stripped threads holding the water pump to the block and am also away next wednesday - so hope you have a good turn out - my laddo will be there in his T'Bird:giggle:

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
He's always having a leak. Apparantly he has to get up at least twice in the middle of the night to have one, and long journeys are a problem for him too...

He's working away in Birmingham so won't be around tonight.

·
(_I_)
905 Posts
Dont forget the average speed cameras. !
Dont forget that if you join the 127 from the a130 theres is only one average speed camera between the slip road and the end of the 50 Zone:tup:

Also It was in the local rag that the cameras arent actually good enough to focus on the reg so righ tnow they can't be used for prosecutions...wouldn't like to try this out tho'

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dont forget that if you join the 127 from the a130 theres is only one average speed camera between the slip road and the end of the 50 Zone:tup:

Also It was in the local rag that the cameras arent actually good enough to focus on the reg so righ tnow they can't be used for prosecutions...wouldn't like to try this out tho'
must agree!!
but southend bound the 50 zone doesnt start until past the dick turpin and if you are going off at the a130 turnoff you dont get caught!!!!

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Was a good meet tonight, probably about 20 yanks turned up?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Yep good for the first one. Look out for Hotrod Gals pictures soon. She took them in the allnight chemist on the way home.to get them developed should be the matt finish. Are was it to get some more make up ! Glad someone remembered to bring a camera i certainly didn't.!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts