Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a bit late for the model comp, but Revell have just released a 57 Chevy 2 door bel air sedan.

I'd say a lot of it is shared with the 57 150 black widow kit, which is pretty bloody good. The blurb says stock & modded options.

Just my luck, struggling to find time for the comp project & they bring this out :shake:
Shouldnt be hard to change it to a 210 :D Now where did I put that orange paint ?

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
chears,i will have to look out for one of them
now let me think:S could make a "Super Pumpkin" a "Roaring Rat":)
The only 57 Post ive biult before is the old MPC flip front one

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Any idea what scale it is? I'm guessing 1/25, but I used to have several 1/16 scale Tri Chevy kits when I were a lad, so I'm hoping it's that size.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
but I used to have several 1/16 scale Tri Chevy kits when I were a lad, so I'm hoping it's that size.
What like the AMT 55 Chevy Bel air,and 55 and 57 Nomad they did.
Have you got the 1/12 scale 57 Chevy Bel air that Monogram did.

·
My name is Martin
2,613 Posts
Nice model. I'd still allow it to be entered in to the comp if you could get one quick enough

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sjb, build both ! :tup:
Its 1;25 scale guys. Dont think there will be many new 1;16 stuff issued.

I've got (pause to put on cardy :incheek:) all the 57 kits, in all the sizes, getting close to 100 now. Problem is, I buy them quicker than I build them :shake: Most are coupes which was great till I bought a 1;1 sedan :D
Big scale stuff is good, but finding somewhere to put them is a pain.

This looks like it shares parts with the 56 sedan & nomad & I'd be pretty sure a 57 nomad wont be far off.

Cant wait for the postie to turn up :D
Sorry Martin, dont think there will be time. Might manage a pic of the box tho, lol

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D At last the postie arrived, only after the :wanker: charged my £12.93 import blah blah

Looks like a very good kit :tup:
At lot seems to be from the 56 & 57 150 kits, inc the lowered, big brake f & r suspension from the custom 56 kits. Unfortunatly, the custom big 5 spoke wheels are the same too :tdown: But you do get Baby Moon wheels as well as stockers. Oh, you get a back seat too, that you dont with the 150.
Pretty bloody good decals, stock bel air seat patterns & 3 sets of flames (same flame, dif colours).
Only got to sand off the bel air rear trim & fit the top fin trim from the 150 & ya got a 210 :D :tup: :D

Just gotta finish the 4 other 57's that are in progress & then get started on this baby. Never know, might finish it before the real one :shake:

·
(_I_)
905 Posts
:D At last the postie arrived, only after the :wanker: charged my £12.93 import blah blah

Looks like a very good kit :tup:
At lot seems to be from the 56 & 57 150 kits, inc the lowered, big brake f & r suspension from the custom 56 kits. Unfortunatly, the custom big 5 spoke wheels are the same too :tdown: But you do get Baby Moon wheels as well as stockers. Oh, you get a back seat too, that you dont with the 150.
Pretty bloody good decals, stock bel air seat patterns & 3 sets of flames (same flame, dif colours).
Only got to sand off the bel air rear trim & fit the top fin trim from the 150 & ya got a 210 :D :tup: :D

Just gotta finish the 4 other 57's that are in progress & then get started on this baby. Never know, might finish it before the real one :shake:
Stop buggering about and get on with the 1:1 Gm made 57 kit you have....there, now you've been told!:incheek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts