Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
There's even a pound off the usual admission price! That'll take care of my fuel bill to the end of the road then! :D
Has anyone been to this before? Will it be filled with old blokes with hair growing out of their ears driving grey Moggy Minor estates? :puke:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi All,

Not been to this actual event but i went to the classic car auction which included the Captain America cars at the begining of this year, and most of the flat cap and tweed's brigade were nothing like you would expect them to be. They may move in different circles to us but they are car nuts all the same.

Here is a link to the pictures i took at the auction.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/topic/pics-brooklands-auction-03-03-2011-a-31866

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
There's even a pound off the usual admission price! That'll take care of my fuel bill to the end of the road then! :D
Has anyone been to this before? Will it be filled with old blokes with hair growing out of their ears driving grey Moggy Minor estates? :puke:
Tom has his usual 'open day' on the day after new years day?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Hi Ross, no mention on the CCCUK site about Tom's open day at Claremont Corvette. It's always on the first of Jan. I've been the last 3 years, last year there were about 20 vettes and a couple of rods and a couple of mustangs. Tom's also got about a dozen of his own vettes on display there too. I fancy a change this year. so will probably dry clean my tweeds and go to Brooklands... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went there last year got there at 10, had breakfast, by 12 you could not move for cars, everything from old bentlys hot rods classics sports cars to supercars, motorbikes and you have all the car museums open and all the aeroplanes were open too, i really enjoyed it oh and they have a real Concord which you can go on but you have to pay for that, but its interesting stuff .

Baz.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Hi Ross, no mention on the CCCUK site about Tom's open day at Claremont Corvette. It's always on the first of Jan. I've been the last 3 years, last year there were about 20 vettes and a couple of rods and a couple of mustangs. Tom's also got about a dozen of his own vettes on display there too. I fancy a change this year. so will probably dry clean my tweeds and go to Brooklands... :)
Tom has pubished it on the Claremont website 10am till 3pm - it IS onMonday 2nd - so you could do both?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts