Hi Travis, cool old car welcome to Rods n Sods bry

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
That would be good, not alot of them around anymore,bry

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Welcome along Travis. Just before Christmas I was able to put two friends together in a deal. One was selling her early 'Vair turbo and the other bought it. The car is now in Hampshire. I fancied it myself but logic prevailed and it's now in very good hands. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Steve, the Corvair Travis is working on has been in the family since about 1986 give or take a year. Found it on a farm in Hampshire. Drove it to a couple of Wheels Day shows, one at Slyfield, fan belt came off about 5 times on the way, usual problem with these. It WAS an original Corsa 4 speed car, but you know what us rodders are like! So, it is not quite as original as it was now... More on that later.

Welcome aboard Trav, keep the Harwood spirit going!

Happy New Year, Ian.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Clang!
Was that the sound of a penny dropping!
Travis you've got a respected head start mate, have a great New Year all!:happy:

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Steve, the Corvair Travis is working on has been in the family since about 1986 give or take a year. Found it on a farm in Hampshire. Drove it to a couple of Wheels Day shows, one at Slyfield, fan belt came off about 5 times on the way, usual problem with these. It WAS an original Corsa 4 speed car, but you know what us rodders are like! So, it is not quite as original as it was now... More on that later.

Welcome aboard Trav, keep the Harwood spirit going!

Happy New Year, Ian.
Hi Trav is Ian your dad ? if so i hope your learning all the tricks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yup that's me!! Coupla nice Harwood smallblocks waiting in the wings to try out...still got the old 10 sec 355 from the orange & white Nova in pieces too. Looks like a trip down memory lane is called for!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts