Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

new here (obviously), originally from Portugal, been living in the UK for the last 10 years - just love the weather!! hahaha

anyway... have a couple of old bikes, a 68 genny shovelhead and a 76 shovelhead.... but really, really fancy something silly and with a V8.

Love hotrods, been going to the hotrod hayride and i just drool all over the rods there..
But.. I dont have a garage. well, I do, but it's full of bikes. so having a proper hotrod is not an option..

But really fancy an old chevy pickup..like the C10. which I've seen a few on ebay and recently there's a black one there, slammed that just caught my eye!
the real question here is... what am I letting myself in?
any advice would be great.... or would be better to post this question somewhere with more visability..?

anyway.. few photos of my bikes

The 68 genny shovel

and the 76 Shovelhead... as i bought her, then with a few changes done to her - I started it but due to personal problem had to give her to Benny at boneshakers to finish.
and last how she's now. got the frame hardtailed, rebuilt the top end and should start assembly this weekend.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/my-55-chevy-step-side-first-ever-truck-80520
this is my build
it may give some insight in to what to expect from a std import
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/traders-sale-services/rock-n-roll-motors-195042
this guy has served many of the forum members well
he has a few already in the uk available now and many in the states available

or we have
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/tr...uy-already-bought-need-ship-i-can-help-191921
who is in the states and also may be able to help

either way welcome to the mad house

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the welcome guys..

and for the links to the trucks.
I have been looking for a few months at the cars the guy in Scotland has, some cool stuff!!

I'm not after a restoration or anything shiny... just a simple old truck. looks are not important to me....as you can probably see by my 76 shovel in raw steel..

All I want is a truck that is ready to drive, dont mind the rust, the dents or anything as long as mechanicaly is sound.
But as everything, even that way there's always certain things to look for....or be aware of. And that's mainly the advice/info i'm after.

I'll probably have around 6,5 / 7k to spend...

I'm going to have a read around the forum and see what you guys been doing :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
A mate of mine recently purchased an old rat rod type truck, he paid Way to much..£10k or more ( got mugged ?) and has been spending lots money to get it on the road ..iv since found lots on here for your price range..so you shouldn't have to much effort finding a good one...nice posters on your garage wall sir..he.he

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome JP - I'm the owner of the ratty C10 that you commented on in the showroom forum. I've owned mine for just over a year and I love it (when its working properly!). If you want to know anything about em feel free to ask away, im no expert but i'll try to help you out if I can. Oh and the black one on eGhay looks bitchin I love the look of it and it was imported by the same guy I bought mine from, he doesn't currently own it though. Good luck on your hunt and I gotta say you've got/had some sweet bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.