Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it seems that I am the third owner of this car this year! what the hell is wrong with it then...... apart from fuel pump leaking big time and an electrical fault that comes and goes, oh and the fan wire being eaten by the belt pulley, and the fact you can't wind down the windows without having the door open, and you can't fit a fuel can in the boot......

Bought it, broke down due to lack of fuel within 2 miles of geezers house, filled it and drove it back from Wales to my house and got about 14 MPG with the leaking fuel pump........... it got a little warm, due to the eaten fan wire but that was OK. To be fair throttle only got tickled......... She drives really nicely, if there are any build up pics out there any chance of a copy.......

Will be at a few race meets next year and yes will be driving her down to some shows.........

also have this yellow peril, need to get her MOT sorted anytime soon to be used as daily

Hope to see some of you around,

Take care

Oh yeah, doing movember so if anyone should wish to spend a few pennies anything will be welcome.......

http://mobro.co/PaulGKing

Cheers

Paul

·
richard rawlplug
8,115 Posts
howdo paul,guess your near enough to the junkyard/charnwood cruisers...:tup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Torment

So where / what are the Charnwood cruisers, where do they meet and when, I do the Asby foleville meet (When its warm enough) always worth a visit for the sheer diversity of machines........

cheers

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hi Paul, nice Mk1, is it the tubbed rear halved big block one...???

Junkyard are at the Cove and Charnwood meet in a layby near Loughborough...!!!

When I first started to read your original post I thought you had bought my old one, until you got to the bad bits...!!!

Guy

·
richard rawlplug
8,115 Posts
give me 5 mins i will find some links for you..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is the tubbed 2 door, built I believe by zephyr55, got the magazine it was in too......... cheers for the info on the meets

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sure I might have heard of the meets but not having a car worthy not attended nor really noticed, also used to live in Hinckley where next to nuthin happens, except for some Vdub meets

will attend some time in the not too distant future, when weather conditions allow 8 litres and fat slicks........

Cheers

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
And this was mine:

See, you have a mix of mine in your driveway... :smoke:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know until I saw mine on flea bay I never really noticed the mk1's an uncle had a mk2 that was really nice, mind it was only a year or 2 old amd another unc had an executive from new and I aspired to either but now I got mine I can see the appeal over the others, nothing to do with 8 litres amd nitro I suppose.

Cheers for the welcome guys..

·
Im a oldie
27 Posts
Hi paul im a member of charnwood cruisers are meets have stoped at this time due to bad weather and time out to do all the little jobs ready for the next season,IE fan cables ,leaking fuel pumps etc,.When the season starts again we meet the first and third sat,of the month at the A6 layby derby road playing fields loughbourgh.
The last meet we had over 34 cars not bad for a layby. Anyway enough about us . Nice wheels small faults sounds like a five minute fix to me, so as usuall two to three months ? Hope to see you around. If you wish to see what where all about go into face book and put in charnwood cruisers,allso check out con,white.
plus charnwood cruisers on the internet. look forward to meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts