Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what became of the ex-Nigel Freemantle 55 ?
Mate of mine "H" from Camberley owned it for a few years in the late 80's early 90's.
Last I saw of it was when the rear window popped out while racing at the Pod

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The last time I saw Nigel was when he beat me in a round of golf in the 80s.Never saw him again,where is he? anyone know?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The car is sitting in my garage awaiting a decision from the wife if I can have more funds haha. I was meesed around by 2 people in the states who were selling art morrison chassis. I can sort of understand as they were going to put them into container etc. for me, I suppose someone bought them over there so a lot easier. It would be better if they put will only sell to USA. Any way these things happen for a reason. On that note I rang Lee Painter who had a 55 with a V10 Viper engine in it. This was being built by Wayne Streams and what an awesome thing it is. Lee told me he had spent a fortune on it and I could not have called at a better time ( for me) as he would sell it. A deal was struck and Wayne will continue with the rest of the build. I am looking for a good boot if anyone has one. So that leaves the other one on the back burner for a while. The lads who crewed for me on Venom are building a 55 first generation truck with a cadillac northstar engine in for my wife

and works are progressing well. That leaves the 555 cubic inch Blazer still in the garage as well as Venom as a rolling chassis. I think my pocket and my time is accounted for the next few years. However I am still trying to get a sponsor to bring a Nostalgia Funny Car out so if anybody has £50k they can have the whole car and trailer in their colours.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Lee said he had sold it but didn't realise that you were the buyer. Glad you plan to see the concept through.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts