1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
if that was played at my funeral id be a happy (dead) man,Bry

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
ACE!!.......... ...Thanks for posting...

couple of things?

whats that front axle arrangment?? anyone know?

and "ricky" has a lot more self control than i have..:scared::scared:

Sid..

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
sub zero cool!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ACE!!.......... ...Thanks for posting...

couple of things?

whats that front axle arrangment?? anyone know?

and "ricky" has a lot more self control than i have..:scared::scared:

Sid..
I got the clip from a HAMB thread, a few guys have asked who built the front end and why that design. Apparently a guy built a couple of diggers like it.
Here is the thread.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379852
And a couple of pics from it...

Love it when they switch from methanol to fuel, like hitting an 'angry' switch.
They keep referring to it as a 'cackle' car which sort of implies it wont be making any hard passes which seems a shame.
It's dying to be let loose :D:D

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
cool vid. i love it when they switch from methanol to nitro :cool:

might be silly question but i never got into how dragsters work, but how do they keep engine cool? and i wonder for some time what tranny's they use, auto or manual?
Pascal, dragster noob :incheek:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Pascal,this will be a dry block, "alcohol" motor which dont generate heat,hence the use of de-icer to stop the induction butterflies freezing up,and no gearbox,direct drive,you hit it and its on the throttle !!awsome shit ,Bry

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
think i need to get more into the technics of dragsters, i know of whereabouts of a old dragster like that wich ran a jag 6 cilinder (so ive been told) in the 70's. i can swap the chassis for some rare parts of other cars i have stored here. (the dragster is realy just bare chassis with rear axle, rest is missing)
not that i want to race it, but would make nice eye catcher.
pascal

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Pascal you might want to get some pic's of that on here -there may be some history to it ?? Bry

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i'm working in that deal, and i will try to get pics on this forum as soon as i have them. still not quite sure what to do with it though, i was never into dragsters so i have no clue what so ever in how to rebuilt it eventualy. it's confirmed it ran with a jag 6, but that is all he could find out bout it so far. owner sais it has the rear axle housing, no dif or halfshafts fitted anymore and pretty rusted up al together. he found it in sweden when he went to pick up a original kieth black hemi. chassis was stored for years next to a shed. the swedisch guy didnt know much iether bout it except he took out the jag 6 and used that one to race in other car.
pascal

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Thier are many people on here better qualified than me,that would be intrested to see this unearthed,but my guess is it was from here origonally,look forward to this developing.Bry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts