Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat on the sofa here when I heard a highly revving engine outside.
Pug 106 trying to get up the incline outside our house,
For some reason, he was reversing up the hill (Front wheel drive??) and nearly made it to the top, but then went sideways. Driven slowly back down now and not been seen again yet :D

Even the wife was having a good laugh! :lol:

Just waiting for attempt number 2 now.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
either way, keep the revs low! this was near on flat out.

Another car has driven down the hill now. :pmsl:
still nothing made it up, and as this is a close, he has problems.
Lots of revs again, made it to within 20 yards of the brow this time and now just spinning wheels. his mate pushing isnt helping much either.

this is fun, glad I parked at the top for a change

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he made it :sniff:

not sure why they opened the bonnet to have a look at the engine though!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
We have had the same outside here tonight, I was in the garage putting the gearbox bock into the pop, and heard a screaming motor outside, was worried about the Renault as it's parked on the kerb, went outside and helped push them up the hill after telling her NOT to rev the tits off the poor thing... :shake: :shake: :shake:

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Won't be funny if slides right back in you front room …
Get ya Camera ready

Bob...
Not too worried Bob, If he makes it up the kerb, missing the lamp post, across the grass and doesnt fall down the 2 ft drop before the front window, he deserves to make it onto the front room!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
and doesnt fall down the 2 ft drop before the front window, he deserves to make it onto the front room!

That thought brought back some memories...........When i was doing recovery years back,had a police call out to a car that had pulled into a very posh cul-de-sac and floored it by mistake.The car shot through the wooden fence over the lawn (which was raised) and wedged itself square into the patio doors and wedged onto said wall.The police took me to look at the situation through a side gate so i toddle off and get the flatbed truck and align it with the demolished fence.I got under-bed spot lights on and the cab rear facing spots on and get on the back of the truck to undo the winch.Now for some reason we have several senior officers all standing in the garden along with these posh residents.I jump of the back of the truck into what i thought was the garden and splash !!!! up to my waist in a pond !!!!!! .........ooohh how they laughed !!!!:wanker:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Decided to go for a little drive in the snow... we have a 1in4 out of our little hamlet, very little been moving round here the last couple of days, we have about 8/9inches of snow, but out on top of the moor its drifting to 3 or 4 foot, so followed the tractor tracks where they had been going to feed stock, and finally found a road that no one had used... drove down there for a liitle over three miles without seeing any wheeltracks.... magic.. finally made the 'main' road between CombeMartin and S.Molton. They try to keep this road clear as a gritter depot is up here, but this morning was completely white with drifts keeping it single track, passed a couple of council 4x4s, no other traffic, and then back down the lanes to home and now sat in front of roaring log fire. :) Mmmm.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Last year when it was snowing loads I was in my Anglia (rock hard low suspension, 3/4 race pre-crossflow etc) commuting from Kent to the 02 Dome. Loads of snow, ice and a few hills and I had no problems so I thought it must be a 'modern car' thing, all this wheelspinning and lack of control. I took her Renault out for a go, just to see, and to my surprise it was even easier.

I know it's not as bad here as other places but basically people are just stupid and have no control over their cars which really worries me when out and about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live at the top of a hill and we have had snow here for weeks......

Everytime we get a fresh covering the smell of burning clutches is always strong in my back yard as the foolish scream their engines in the belief that spinning your wheels at 7000 rpm will get you anywhere in the snow..... :)

Somepeople should not be allowed out in this weather....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts