Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is controversial, but should we be bothered about the future of this hobby? We know the car is doomed, electric sucks, so why not just enjoy it and live for the now?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I will be willing to pay £10 a gallon for E5 if thats what it takes....petrol is going nowhere
Its all the saps that cant wait to follow the sheep that are concerning....S Pod....no smoking or vaping in the stands from now on....lap lap lap...parking "fines" if the tattood scum decide you are in the way etc, fkn Govt, corporate lapdogs
Fk ;em all.

·
Stroker
5,501 Posts
If ya was gonna use it turned around as a positive thing like a lot of folks seem to be doing. It's a spur to get on with it!
No time like the present!!
Saw some bollox on the TV this morning that Paris has an idea to ban all cars.
C'est la vista baby!
Even if cars and fossil fuels do last for decades more there are so many different types of petrol heads things are gonna shrink hot diggety no doubt. Imo

Reactions: kapri

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
The future is just a guess at what it will hold.

You could predict anything and of you waited enough years,chances are it will happen.

But that could be five or 30.years time

Been on the internet about 20 years now.from day one of the first car forum people were saying the futures doomed.

And lots more never did build their dreams because they are stupid and listened to people they shouldn't have.

Cars may end,but most of you on here,wont be alive to see it,or be in a position to care.

Remember just about everyone on this forum has lived longer than they have life left.

Its short,do what you want to do.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
Well I have 5 modified vehicles at the mo. Alll are either already futureproof or being modified to be future proof...well apart from fuel issues.

Bear in mind that IF caught with a non 8 point compliant vehicle NOW it has to be rebuilt to pass BIVA to be legal.

After 2030 that will NOT be possible ,classed as a new vehicle it will have to be electric or nothing. If you will be around with lots of money invested in yours you may find that cause for concern.

The future of rodding is down to the individual and their attitude towards ensuring that our cars have as much of a future as possible.

·
Welding Guru
824 Posts
The rule after 2030 would be an ideal opportunity for government to change the rules and bring every car in for a roadworthiness or emissions test. Further detailed tests or form filling/box ticking exercises could take a lot of cars off the road, as the modifications to meet regulations might be impossible or too expensive.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
if you got caught sinse about 1985 ish you would need to go through a test.

thats nearly 40 years ago.

in 2030 most average age rodders in the uk will be dead,or having someone else wipe their arses for them.
If caught ( with a vehicle incorrectly / illegally registered ) since 1998 it would would have to undergo a test . That's caught NOW owning a vehicle so you could be 17 or even younger . Age of owner builder has nothing to do with the vehicles legality .

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
The rule after 2030 would be an ideal opportunity for government to change the rules and bring every car in for a roadworthiness or emissions test. Further detailed tests or form filling/box ticking exercises could take a lot of cars off the road, as the modifications to meet regulations might be impossible or too expensive.
I have my own predictions but as ...
"You could predict anything and of you waited enough years,chances are it will happen."
I guess the fact that most of what I have already predicted HAS come true is made irrelevant due to time involved ?.However that's the way legislation works, it doesn't happen overnight and you don't get to chnage it once it's here only while at Consultation stage.

Some of my predictions are still being worked on in the background . The future ( of motoring) will be a very different place , let's call that 10 years time. I still have an opinion of what I forsee and that includes the undoubted demise of rodding. That's probably 2030 as the true starting point of going downhill . All depends what you read and make of info.

For instance "No new all petrol or diesel vehicles to be sold" .How that is actually achieved MAY have a HUGE effect on rodding, and motoring in general .

Simplest way I for see is DVLA will not be allowed to register NEW cars rather than a seperate law preventing the sale. That would bring in further complications for rodding by itself as it COULD mean no 'new' registration of barn finds here , or stop importation of older vehicles even as projects .

The continuing agist comments are still FUCKING insulting as well as the disablist remarks.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
So what happened when iva came in and you were collered for having an incorrect registered car.that was near 40 years ago.

Ageist. Pretty sure there was a post on here not to long back about ages.most were 60 to 70.

How long do you think youre going to live for and even drive for. Thats just facts.

There be more old vehicles taken off the road due to lack of super unleaded fuel soon,rather than reg issues..

2030. Ill be retired and will give even less off a fuck than i do now

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
This could change the outcome of new cars only being electric….

All of the emissions are considerably lower and a lot of synthetic fuel manufacturers are looking at ramping up production of it over the next five years so this could well be accepted as an alternative to using liquified dinosaur bones and allow us to keep playing for longer….

·
Registered
928 Posts
Heard an thing on the radio today, competition to win an electric MINI. Interesting thing was it was described as zero LOCAL emissions, first time I'd heard the phrase... maybe peoples' eyes will be opened?

Oh, and about 13 years ago I sold my 100E as someone on a forum I was on at the time told me If I took it for an MOT I would be dobbed in because it was modified...

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
"Emissions" :ROFLMAO: every single new vehicle would not pass a test if it was done on rollers...Merc/VW nearly all of the new car manuf are paying out millions because of cheats in the ECU, a properly set up old school engine wipes the floor of new cars with DPF, CAT, EGR, etc etc...it doesn't work....it just keeps smashing those "acid laden fumes" out caused by ADD-BLU/RE-GEN fluid....that's why new vehicles smell like they are running on VIM scouring powder, its acid coming out of the tailpipe
Back pressure in a DPF destroys engines....story to that though
Diesel is of so low quality now that injectors are going into meltdown and the 1600 BAR from the pump "stretches" the inj nozzles till they touch down on the piston crown...then the pump increases psi to try compensate, compounding the problem.
All new vehicles are made to last 3 years....wonder why LOL
...anyhow...what was the question?:ROFLMAO:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
Heard an thing on the radio today, competition to win an electric MINI. Interesting thing was it was described as zero LOCAL emissions, first time I'd heard the phrase... maybe peoples' eyes will be opened?

Oh, and about 13 years ago I sold my 100E as someone on a forum I was on at the time told me If I took it for an MOT I would be dobbed in because it was modified...

Just sayin'...
DVSA are now introducing ANPR cameras to new centres and others will follow as they are updated. Not aimed at us ...I think but...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Don't seem to hear a lot about rat rods now...recon their days are numbered, along with trucks and Pro Chargers

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You have to laugh...bloke at work was saying today that he's loving not filling up with petrol any more as his brand new electric car costs nothing to run...that's the electric car he's paying £320 a month to lease...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:..... plus the charging bills, plus staying in a B&B overnight if he wants to go more than 150miles, ( they are all scared to death of testing its REAL range, too hit and miss) plus he still has to have fossil fuel avail or he cant use it, Muppet.:D
...maybe it was all about the "free" driving, which we know does not happen

1 - 20 of 32 Posts