Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'd think with lockdown the page would be overflowing with questions and info on builds as for the past year we've had an excess of the one thing most struggle with ( or so we are told ) ...TIME ??

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Kev, I've been working on 4 projects since lockdown started, with 3 nearly finished. Did post some pictures up on My Gassers thread. Seemed to be no interest in them, so I don't really bother to post other than the odd picture.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You'd think with lockdown the page would be overflowing with questions and info on builds as for the past year we've had an excess of the one thing most struggle with ( or so we are told ) ...TIME ??
The garage with my 32 in is 18 miles away (27 min drive) and isn't deemed local enough for me not to break lock down rules by visiting it. I am so close to being ready for an MOT that I cant wait to get back there.

At home I have been refurbishing our 68 airstream so all is not lost

Mal

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kev, I've been working on 4 projects since lockdown started, with 3 nearly finished. Did post some pictures up on My Gassers thread. Seemed to be no interest in them, so I don't really bother to post other than the odd picture.
I honestly don't know why people don't comment , there's even a 'LIKE' button so no one has to type to show appreciation.

It has been mentioned before that a lot of people are only interested in their OWN build, even when visiting shops working on their cars for them. To me it's like going to a car show and only taking pictures of your own car there ??

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My excuse is thatI needed a damn good service just before Xmas with lots of top ups of vital fluids. Plus the lockdown meant my helper monkey couldn't come round so reliant purely on my own ( sadly lacking ) efforts.

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
Once in a lifetime opportunity missed, a year of undebateable garage time.
Without my old attached garage workshop I missed the dream ticket.

Ok, I'll start the dream bullshit 'what I would of done' bit...

Humber Hawk, small block Chevy.
Harley chop.
LS mill in Boxster.

;)

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
I have been doing jobs I thought I would never do...I have boarded and insulated the garage,built a bbq shed,and started growing more veg..the cars pretty much done..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have the same issue with distance, my workshop is 14 miles away which is deemed too far for a non-essential journey......it is essential as far as I’m concerned!

The other issue could have been that those who had the extra time maybe didn’t have the funds due to having the time due to redundancy or being furloughed on a reduced income.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Built 2x 30 Ford coupes and a Landrover during lockdown, but I always jinx my stuff by posting pics so just read other folks stuff for inspiration :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I’ve wired the prefect ,painted and fitted the front panels,sorted the dashboard gauges, added two rear silences, put new seals in the gearbox,bled and got working brakes , sorted the handbrake cable so that works, all in lockdown.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Took my Mum who is 94 to TESCO.......in my track car with fk all suspension so to speak :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, petrolhead Mum approved. LOL

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Chap in the background don't appreciate it by the looks...:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts