Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Northern Hotrod club

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  petrolhead71 
#1 ·
Is it right that Mick Tebbs and Russ Duce are standing down from running the club ?? As i wondered if The hotrod holiday would be taking place ? as i use it to tie in with my event the week before and tell people that, and a lot stay on and then travel over to cleethorpes,

Anyone know anything ??

Craig

#2 ·
Hi craig,
it is right unfortunately.
They are giving it until the end of february to see if anybody wants to step up and take over to continue with the cleethorpes show if not it will be cancelled.
shame really,it was a good weekend.
Thanks Andrew

#3 ·
Damn thats a shame, I know whats involved in putting on a show, Its a lot of work i spend weeks sorting out stuff for my run, But i only have my better half (Tara) to help me, And now she Volunteed to help with the other 2 events as well as teach night classes, Doing a masters degree and part time teaching at the local university,

I hope someone steps up for it, But hey its gets easier each year

Craig

#4 ·
thats real bad news :tdown: cleethorpes is one of the best shows of the year for us , we were there before mick and russ got the entrance tent up last year :pmsl: . hopefully someone will step up to the plate ? although i think they will have a hard job replacing them on the mic in the evening :D

#8 ·
I'm gob smacked. Russ/Mick - my dog was so looking forward to being on guard duty again this year.
Seriously, I've always enjoyed Cleethorpes and I hope it will continue. Is it anything to do with not being able to raid the NSRA van anymore? Not that such a thing ever happened in the past of course.
Dave

#15 ·
Can you hear it?

It’s coming from inside….

Behind the garage doors…

O yeah she’s running again, after having a bit of a miss fire where back on the black stuff. All she needs now is the carb fettling with and its number elevens on the tarmac.

After having some messages passed around and several telephone conversations, some of us have decided to take on the challenge of running this years Hot Rod Holiday….

Keep an eye on the NHRC forum for more info as the date draws near. This year promises to be just as good as, and if not better than before.

So there you have it, spread the word and let the good times roll.

Cheers for now Marcus

#19 ·
Smurf, I'm sure the club will get somebody there earlier this year on the Thursday morning to cater for you and your crew, christ if you make it any earlier they'll have to set up on Wednesday!!!
Look forward to seeing y'all there dude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.