Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday4th July 2010 sees the first Nostalgia Customs Car Show. Dubbed the Roman Run, as it's taking place at the picturesque Centurion Park in Wallsend, Tyne & Wear (www.centurionparkwallsend.co.uk). Prices are - £1.00 per vehicle on the Sunday or £10.00 per vehicle for the whole weekend. Camping is available from Friday. An on site bar serves food all day including breakfast from 7.00am. Saturday morning sees a cruise to the local summer carnival with dedicated parking, or cruise along the beautiful North East coast. Then back to the venue for a big party! Sundays show 'n' shine (pre 1982 unless in the spirit of street rodding) is on a hard surface pitch & there's plenty of prizes up for grabs. Please e-mail me for an application form - [email protected]. And if you're a golfer, bring your clubs as there's an 18 hole golf course & a driving range on site too!

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Very nice and local for me. Is the public allowed in for the show and shine on the sunday and is there a cost? It says its on a hard surface? Tarmac or similar?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Sunday show n shine will be open to the public with a charge of £1.00 per person, under 16s free if with an adult. Turn up on Sunday with a show vehicle & it'll be £1.00 entry for that vehicle, regardless of the number of mates you've squeezed into it! Squeeze those same mates into one tent & you can enjoy the whole weekend for a tenner.
The main show field is a large astro turf pitch, which has a concrete base. There's also another larger grass pitch that we'll be using. I'll be at all the local cruise nights with entry forms. I drive the red '47 Mercury sedan.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:tup:Looks like it's going to be a good turnout. All the North East based rodders tell me they'll be there.
Get your entries in early.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What an excellent job you've made of the A truck Darren. Though I think your throttle may be sticking a little in the open position, going by your exit of the Silverlink Cruise on Wednesday night!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's this weekend, so if you haven't already pre-entered, don't worry, just come along and pay on the gate. Remember, it's only £10.00 per pitch, regardless of how many people are in your party. Or £1.00 per show vehicle for the Sunday show & shine. public admission on Sunday is £1.00 per adult & 50p for the kids.
It's a big site, so there's room to spare. Come and enjoy a warm Geordie Hotrod welcome in Wallsend, on the banks o' the Tyne! And there won't be any fog on the Tyne this weekend!

·
N.H.R.C.
1952 Ford Anglia. Ford 351Windsor & C4 auto. 10 bolt Chevy rear, front axle using 37-41 spindles
591 Posts
Alan,
will there be anywhere we to do some burnouts?
Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts