Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just read the write up on this years hot rods and hills run on there web site.was good apart from the 1st line.come on now odgie,a must run for "english rodders"i've been to every one and spoke to you at them and you may have noticed that myself and a large amount of others have that accent that you only get in that northern part of england called scotland!!the first 2 years that the runs been on if it hadn't been for us jocks the run would've been empty and the bar would have made fuck all:happy:merry xmas to all,even the english:):p

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
All ill say is i thought i was a good drinking boy,until i went to Kyle cruisers Rod Run,in 1980 made me look a girl guide,their sat nite bash started at 7.00pm,at 7,30pm everyone was dancing on the tables,total respect,Bry

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just looked at the first line and take your point. All the rodders from Scotland who attend have been a great support to me over the last 3 years and i hope you know how much this is appreciated.
I think what Odgie is meaning by his statement, which i think he would probably agree in hindsight, could have been put a little differently, is that we need to get as much support from rodders in England (in particular down south) so the event can carry on growing and become a national (international if you include Scotland - lol) event.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this event and I hope you will all continue to support it as it is this that makes it what it is.
So keep up the support and keep spreading the word, I would like the event to be the best weekend event in the north of England

Merry Christmas and a Happy rodding new year

Craig

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers craig we'll all be there again anyway and prove that there is a fine selection of cars north of the watford gap!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi Guys, yeh sorry about that, what I was trying to do was stimulate a bit more interest from those who think if you travel too far outside the M25 you fall off the edge of the earth.... :incheek: (mmm, think I've just offended the southerners now as well... Bugger... ;) ) No slight intended - and I really should know better anyway, what with being quarter Scottish (or Scots - but never Scotch, me Grandma Gibson educated me well enough in that respect. And raised me on The Broons an Oor Wullie...)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Oh come all ye Jocks

Tis true, I was there and spoke to plenty of Scottish gents. Anybody and everybody into rods should make the effort, even southern folk. Tis truely a mirth provoking event. I get goose pimples thinking about the next one! Thanks Craig for the great organisation.:cool:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
yep i think it should be adopted buy rod's n sod's as official club event :tup:(if craig does'nt mind that is)

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts