Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any BMW mechanics/electricians out there? I have a BMW 525i on an 02 that has a faulty alarm - emergency flashers go on, alarm sounds intermittently. At present just lock on key. Have been told alarm is integral to ECU - anyone out there can fix it or give advice? Am in SE London and would be really grateful for help.

A bit of research has pointed out the hood alarm switch by the driver microfilter housing as being a common fault - will try this first as cheaper than 1hr diagnosis by BM! Anyone have any experience - only just bought this for my wife - apart from alarm, nice car!

·
Registered
977 Posts
is the battery fully charged??..apart from the sensor under the hood, it could be something crawling about inside the car setting the thing off..have a look at the sensors inside the car..you never know..had a 520 se with the same problem..turned out to be a lace wing stuck inside the car, wouldn't let me lock /unlock the car with the key fob..

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ironman, thanks for that but sorted jeez thats an old post - it turned out to be a faulty key fob - apparently the keys are sealed and take a charge from ignition - good job I had a spare - think they cost around £100 to replace and you have to go to the BMW dealer with the log book and it takes a couple of days and..... you get the picture.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
is the battery fully charged??..apart from the sensor under the hood, it could be something crawling about inside the car setting the thing off..have a look at the sensors inside the car..you never know..had a 520 se with the same problem..turned out to be a lace wing stuck inside the car, wouldn't let me lock /unlock the car with the key fob..
I found some lace knickers in the back of my car once , could they cause the same problems ?

·
Registered
977 Posts
never noticed the date on this one..how old !!..glad you got it sorted..
just a question...why do all these old post's keep popping up??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts