Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I give a load of street rodder away a few years ago and had a few chuck aways previous to that.Only this weekend ive soughted another load out mainly ford mags and classic van and it will grieve me to chuck em but how many do you keep,i might try and give em to a college or find a youth hostel this time at least some one else can get some pleasure out of em

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
I don't know if this is still operating, but as of last year, it was.

-----------

I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and would like to get as many readers as possible to send my blokes/females ( many are keen bikers) your bike, scooter or car magazines once you have finished with them.

I apologise for the direct approach, but magazines are not delivered as part of our operational welfare package.

The postage is free (up to 2kg) to the bfpo address and all it will cost is the envelope.

The postal address if you would like to help us is;

QM TFH LASHKAR Gar BFPO 715.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read multiple times".

from Major Andy Lothian, I have sent some old mags off, can anyone else help?

-----------

Cheers
Ron

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Thats a great idea. Dunno how many mags would make 2 kg ? If its still running, where did you find that Ron ?
I'd gladly send some out there. Bet the Hot Rod swimsuit issues would go down well !

I normally tear out the pages / articles I want to keep & put them in a file. Lot easier to find & dont get as much grief from Mrs ps about stacks of mags everywhere.

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
It was posted on the Grumpys bike forum I run, I've seen it on other bike forums too and was verified as legitimate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts