Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that Revell Custom van on the other thread made me think of this:tup:
As a teen in the late 70s early 80s i remember going into hobby/model shops in Hadleigh,Lea and Southend and seeing loads of great cool custom vans on the shelfs.MPC seamed to be the main player

Heres some ive seen on US e-bay this week...

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Thankyou for the memories.......................... I built some of them when they were new.................... I feel old now....... Dave.:sniff::sniff:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
Thankyou for the memories.......................... I built some of them when they were new.................... I feel old now....... Dave.:sniff::sniff:
Me too Dave........

Built some of those I mean..............:pmsl:

Look on the brightside....You'll never catch me up.........:tup:

But we are on the darkside.........and I have the lovely er-indoors to keep me young.......:lol:

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres some of the dicast vans you could get...

Even Dinky got in on the act...

Pics from e-bay

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
OOh, ooh, I'm sure I built the 'Off Road' van when I was a teenager. I must stop looking at these threads I keep getting strange ideas about getting the paint and glue out again.

·
70's Cresta,not the drink
1,265 Posts
OOh, ooh, I'm sure I built the 'Off Road' van when I was a teenager. I must stop looking at these threads I keep getting strange ideas about getting the paint and glue out again.
DO IT!:twisted:

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
OK he wins....................

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
cant believe i missed the black gold chevy van ive been looking for one for ages also the vanpire van :sniff::sniff:
There was a Vanpire Chevy Van on ebay not so long back but it did really silly money. I'm keeping my eyes out though. It was one of my favorite models when I was a kid. :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I remember having one of these many years ago
which ended up with a chopped roof and big arches off a Corvette. Won this on ebay a couple of weeks ago
only my bid - £7.99 plus postage!:D (sorry, not for sale:sniff:)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Missed that one :sniff:
Its only the van/ trailer/ race cars in cool models that have led me astray. Got too many to build already, but already got a trailer & race car . . . . . .:shake:
Sorry about that, just noticed your request for one in another thread:shake: As for plans, I also build trucks and have the AMT LaFrance pumper to build with thoughts of a diorama with lots of flashing lights......:D

1 - 20 of 106 Posts