Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say hi from N.C.. I was on another site looking for info on my rodded Model Y and was reffered here. I was in the USAF at RAF Bentwaters 66-69. The car was built in 69 at the Scholar race car shop when it was in Martlesham Heath near Ipswich. Alan and Doug Wardropper built several Formula Ford race cars and I bought Chassis #2. At the time I also had them build me a Model Y Ford. It was converted to LHD had a 1600 crossflow and Anglia/Cortina rear and trans. When I rotated back to the States I could only ship the FF and was always going to get the Model Y "later". Just would like to know if it survived. One of two cars I never should have parted with ( the other; my early Lotus Europa) Thanks for the invite, I enjoy looking at all rods but Anglia/prefects are some of my favorites. I had about 11 including a Canary Yellow one in 67, likely the only one in England at that time. any info would be appreciated.Thanks Rick

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Welcome Rick,

Do you have any photos of your old cars?

Number plate of the Y may help as well :tup:

Cheers
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the number of the plate for the Y SOMEWHERE. Still looking but its been 50 years! I know I do have it just haven't dug deep enough yet. You know Ive moved several times etc etc. I do remember the yellow pops tag # BEF 316. Doubt thats still around any more. Had a 105E all built with twin side draught webers, headers etc, 195 GRT. also probably gone. I am hoping against all odds just to know it went to a good home. Thanks Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts