Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Are there any resident experts here re early olds rocket 303 engines. Just scored my ultimate car, 50 olds rocket 88 fastback. Running the original 303 engine with stock intake and 2 bl Rochester carb.

She runs fine but more sluggish than she should be and carb has seen better days. Been trying to suss if I can bolt on a two barrel edelbrock or holly onto stock manifold or whether there are any aftermarket 2bl or 4 bl intakes that would take a new carb. Can anyone help with either question.

After a shitty experience rebuilding the Rochester on the truck, I dont want to go there so would like to replace the one on the olds with something reliable but struggling to find out much info/any sources.

Expecting the kick down linkages to be a mare whichever route I go as running the original hydramatic box which works well so don't really want to swap it out. But would be good to suss intake and carb options first.

Any advice or pointers much appreciated 8)

·
Registered
634 Posts
The only 4 barrel manifold I have found is a stock 52-53 88 manifold that used either a Rochester 4GC or the Carter WCFB, which are a smaller pattern than Holley/Edelbrock. But you can get an adapter to run these.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up 57 ford, much appreciated - will start the search. Seems a few aftermarket options if you want to run tricarb set up but trying to avoid that route as keen to use it as close to daily as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts