Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Ford Puma for the missus daily, and it needs some new suspension, now do I...

A) put on OE spec stuff

Or

B) lower it by fitting a TUV approved kit from Germany (via evilbay) (60mm front + 40mm rear)

Prices are almost the same, but the German kit comes with springs...

Does anyone have any experience of driving a lowered Puma???

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
not a puma but ive put TUV approved springs on my last 3 mondeo's and now on my focus estate without any problems

·
richard rawlplug
8,122 Posts
lowered car+kids+shopping=pain in the arse...

i had a lowered xr2 years ago,no kids,not a deal of shopping and went through numerous exhausts......

·
Registered
628 Posts
I mentioned before the missus has a puma they handle great I stick trim and even better when lowered

Check the rear axle bushes as there known to be a common bad point. Your best taking the axle fully off rather than struggling underneath the car.

Are you fed up with not having any driver passenger cup holders pm me and il tell you a cheap easy fix!

·
Chuckinmuck since 1966
1,125 Posts
I mentioned before the missus has a puma they handle great I stick trim and even better when lowered

Check the rear axle bushes as there known to be a common bad point. Your best taking the axle fully off rather than struggling underneath the car.

Are you fed up with not having any driver passenger cup holders pm me and il tell you a cheap easy fix!
Now THAT is random :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts