Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOT time on the modern in two weeks so looking everything over and making a few changes. Need new balljoints as a couple are a little iffy and one actually fell apart. So, phone up a couple of UK american parts suppliers. 3 times the cost of getting it direct from the states and a 4 - 6 week wait for the priviledge of bolstering our economy. Got onto some US suppliers and 1/3 the price, but a weeks wait (truck is currently out front on 3 wheels and an axle stand). Wound up getting it from the cheapest quoting UK supplier with next day delivery...result? £136 - still 3 times the price but without the wait.

Over a barrell every time.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
This might make you feel better my DeSoto failed its mot 2 years ago for ball joints , all four needed doing £250 ...................thats £250 each plus p&p and vat ,gotta love them Mopars !

·
Registered
777 Posts
this should make you feel a shit load better......
Merc 230ML.....head light gone....bulb...Nah.... needs not one but 2 actuators (fitted without a 15p fuse)............£900

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might make you feel better my DeSoto failed its mot 2 years ago for ball joints , all four needed doing £250 ...................thats £250 each plus p&p and vat ,gotta love them Mopars !
OWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwww!!! :eek:

£13 each for Cortina 3 ones :tup::D
:bah::D

this should make you feel a shit load better......
Merc 230ML.....head light gone....bulb...Nah.... needs not one but 2 actuators (fitted without a 15p fuse)............£900
Have heard similar stories about BMW's too. Not good!!!:tdown:

I feel not one ounce better being as it is at the expense of others' misfortunes - and assuming no one is a multimillionaire I bet you could have happily spent that £££ elsewhere;).

Reading that made me feel lucky that the only "real" modern in the house is the other half's 04 Punto and it is super cheap to keep on the road.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I sent back some parts to a supplier this week because they wanted 3 times the price of a part in the states - i know people have to make a living but i cant afford to keep them in the lavish lifestyle they are accustomed to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts