Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've over the past few years been putting a few videos of our cars on YouTube. Although they seem to get a few views to begin with, they seem to die of death pretty quickly.
It'd be great if anyone could have a look, post a comment if you like it or what we could do better in future (I'm sure there's nobody better to give advice than the community here)
There's also more to come soon if you want to subscribe, we've got a 67 LeMans video out soon, and as soon as we get another car, another video!
Here's a bit of a taste -

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you ever watched the /DRIVE video's on Youtube, the /BIG MUSCLE ones especially? They're a little bit 'over American' but there's content in them, and they're kind of 'techy' giving you information, the camera work is really good, sound is crisp and there's music to keep you interested.

This is an example:

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Odd you posted this thread!
I was just thinking last night, other than the usual dvd sales market, no one seems to record shows theses days unlike the old 8mm cini cameras back in the day.

Now whith the GoPro camera its possible for anyone to get pretty good results, hence the movie below. Its a run here in Perth Oz filmed and edited by a local guy and not only posted on the club fb page but onto Youtube too, top effort to him.. Lets see more..

·
Nowheresville
3,085 Posts
Only my opinion, but they're a bit boring, aren't they? Are they to sell the cars or just for your own amusement, because they're not really going to go viral? Twenty years ago, a video of someone's car was a bit of a novelty but now everyone's done one on their phone and Youtube, like the rest of the internet, is full of the same old stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts