Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW LESS WHEELS, TYRES & REAR AXLE

1953 Prefect, ex Bob Hancox Outlaw Anglia.

Please read carefully cos if it ain't listed below, it aint there.

Full Bodyshell , One piece fibreglass front, Snorkel Scoop,fibreglass boot and rear
door panels, rear arches and roof panel. Perspex windows all round. Tubbed aluminium interior. Full tube chassis on box section rails. Front drop tube axle on 4 link and panhard rod on coilover shocks, disc brakes and callipers, steering rack, steering column with quick release detachable wheel.
Fibreglass race seat ( needs new cover ) 5 point harness. Accelerator pedal, Brake pedal, brake master cylinder, Alluminium fuel tank and battery tray.
Car has a £2000 trick paint job in two tone pearl and is registered with V5C and transferable reg number worth £1500.
Set up for big block chevy and powerglide but will take any engine trans combo.
Car ran low 9s with Small block Chev in.
This is a great project, would make a tough streetrod with the addition of lights, wipers, washers, etc

NOW £1,500 YEP THATS £1,500 and i't ain't gonna get any cheaper !

OR Will swap for American bodied Street/Strip car or tube chassis American rolling shell, What have you got ?

Email, [email protected]
Tel. 01484 421311 work hours

·
Registered
70 Posts
would it be possible to fit a five cylinder audi quatro engine in it,i think it will make a nice car with four wheel drive ,how much shopping will fit in the boot?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone would like to view the car, it will be at the Northern Swap Meet on Sunday,

Cheers, Des

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
HI mate just wondering is the chassis and body still up for grabs ?
Maybe Des has not seen this, But I do know that the car has been sold now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yep, it was me who bought bob / des's old prefect - it's 'resting' in the barn with the rest of our tat at the moment - might see the strip again at some point, but not for a while!

cheers - kev

ps - get Ian to give you my number - you can pop up and have a look at it if you want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts