Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to change my exhaust system on the truck as I find it a quite droney. I need a biggish oval box to knock the sound out of it as I've only really got room for one box . I've looked at Jetex, Custom Chrome etc but can anyone recommend an aftermarket exhaust and /or supplier , or even a good box they've found ?

It's shutting up a Pinto so only 1.75 inch bore but can adapt up and down within reason.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I know a crossflow sounds pretty good on a single Turbo type muffer Kev. Peco's HDR universal r*lly [correct spelling] silencers sound good on a 4 pot too, Croydon Race & R*lly [see above] sell them, I could pick you up one if you wanted.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they the oval style Al ? On the Pinto in my Pop it took 3 silencers to shut it up ! 2 round Red Bullets and then had to add a Jetex oval box as well.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
All the HDR boxes I've ever bought have been oval mate, the inlets/outlets are skidded, they're a decent bit of kit. My old chopped Cortina had one with a mild Pinto, you could hear it coming, but not in a bad way.

I've just done a quick Google but it's tending to lean towards silly boy lemon boxes with daft tailpipes, might be worth a ring round. By the way, Croydon Race & R*lly don't have too many customer satisfaction stistificates on display.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Kev, are you wanting OE stuff or anything???

Got a pair (one each side) of Turbo thingys on the Zodi, it isn't overly loud, think they are Heddman ones...

Oh, and they are oval too, in a nearly a rectangular way...!!!

Real Steel or possibly USAutomotive will do them.

:tup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Kev, Try Electromec in Chandlers Ford. They custom make stainless systems and have loads of different size oval boxes on the shelf, and they are really good quality T 023 8046 0007

1 - 9 of 9 Posts