Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Paint advice

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  magneto 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,Can anybody tell which paint I should use on bare steel, i have only ever used two pack primer before but have heard a lot about epoxy primers (DP90?). Should i use etching primer then primer surfacer or epoxy then primer surfacer?. And anyone know where i can get it from as my local paint supply guy has never heard of it. I Normally paint all my cars and have never had any problems just wondered if its better for longevity and what benefits it has. Any advice would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Colin ,Have used that Lechler etching primer (jeez that stuff makes your chest bad!!) then two pack primer, Is the epoxy better at holding back any corrosion due to having a high zinc content? Just want to know what folk think as a lot of the yanks seem to use DP90 epoxy

#7 ·
2k Epoxy and then normal 2k filler primer everytime time Bob, I'll sent you the product numbers, and your nearest suplier tomorrow morning ,Bry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.