Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyho chaps.
I'm hoping to get my car into the bodyshop in the not to distant future to have a few isssues resolved and this puts me in a unique position for the first time. I have the chance to have my car painted whatever colour/colours I want. Now this is where hopefully you guys can help out. The car is a '65 El Camino which has black painted big'n'little steels on it and has a real nice rake to it. I'd like it to look like a street racer from that era so what I'm after is any references to Paint schemes etc from back then. Failing that then any colour combinations that may've been used. I know they had so called "power colours" but am unsure what will or wouldn't work. As I said, this the first time I've ever had the chance to do this and really don't want to fuck it up so to speak. Adversely, is there a kind of programme where you can use a picture of a car and play around with colours etc??. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanx, Roger.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
How about Hugger Orange like they used on Camaros with maybe a pair of S/S stripes on the bonnet?

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Post up some pics of your truck and we can have a try on it.

If you want to do it yourself the best program to use is Photoshop, which is quite dear but brilliant once you learn the basics. There's also Photoshop Elements which is considerably cheaper but with less features and I'm not sure how suitable it is for that type of image manipulation.

There are also some "freeware" downloadable programs which do the same thing as Photoshop but once again I can't vouch for their quality.

On the other hand do an image search for similar vehicles till you find a combination you like.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
How about Hugger Orange like they used on Camaros with maybe a pair of S/S stripes on the bonnet?
like this?......... different colours?

er not like this..........:shake:

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all. Thx for the replies. Jez, i would post some pics of the car but i dont have any im afraid except what's on facebook in the Krispy Kreme section. I'm not as computer literate as most so don't know how to get a pic from there and post it on here, if that's possible. I like the hugger orange idea but thought about daytona yellow with matt/satin black stripes on the hood, roof and down the tailgate?? wadda you guys think? Cheers, Roger

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Told you it'd look good! I'd only have the stripes on the bonnet if it were mine.

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, i can certainly see it in yellow now, especially with the black stripes running down the length of the car. Thx for that pic stiff, i think we may have a winner. Thanx again for the input guys, it's much apppreciated. Roger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts