Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good paint supplier who formulates date correct mixes for classics? I want to repaint my 68 Mustang candy red and want the correct colour not a 'near as dammit' colour. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have used LE went in new Malden a few times in the past. If there still in business they have lots of classic paint codes.
Or try searching standox paints supply's they are very good at finding codes.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Candy red is not a colour you can buy and just paint. There are so many other things involved, to get the colour you want is more down to the sprayers skill than the shade of paint you buy.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The Ford candy red of the time is actually non-metallic and has a clearcoat over it. I'll check out your suggestions...:tup:

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
I have used LE went in new Malden a few times in the past. If there still in business they have lots of classic paint codes.
Or try searching standox paints supply's they are very good at finding codes.
L E Went are still in business. They are about a mile from me. Ya could also try Metalflake - Welcome To Metalflake in Chessington. I got all my paint from them a couple of months ago. Very extensive range of over 6000 products. Hope this helps, Rog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts